Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

They demand equal pay yet the top female tennis player admits they aren’t as good?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  2. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

Never knew how much of a unit she was until now compared the the bloke. She’s massive!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  4. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    how can people believe you can't be racist to white people it does confuse me

5. robbo09

robbo09 Member

Adverts on the radio, especially the one banging on about getting a wage rise because the national minimum wage has gone up... but so has the national living wage. So it makes no friggin difference!!

6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

Royal Marines instagram isn’t too bad. Always get some cool pictures on my feed.

Their bio always makes me laugh

“per mare, per terram, per instagram”

• Like Like x 3
  8. DeathBySexy

DeathBySexy New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    The word "Hope".

9. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I heard a brief clip of a radio interview with Tim Martin of Wetherspoon's. He said that he doesn't see any point in continuing to post arty images of pints of beer on social media when most people already know what a pint of beer looks like.
    Brand marketing is way above my pay grade but there is logic in his argument.

Tim Martin often pops into his pubs in Devon. He's always up for a chat. Can't miss him at the bar; he's about seven feet tall.

10. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

To be fair spoons doesn’t need to do that much marketing. Just base your pubs in the right places. It literally takes me just over 30 seconds to walk to my local spoons from my room. Talk about handy. Not for my bank account though :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

The sun...took me 80 minutes to develop a t shirt tan playing rugby.

Playing rugby in the heat was even harder -vomit-

12. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just be glad you aren’t ginger-nailbiting-

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

Come tomorrow you’ll be seeing a load of walking radishes ;)

14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

First glimpse of warm sunshine on the southern coast of Devon. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Screw you Exeter University. I am getting sick of this pathetic country.

Those messages while private and in no way connected to the University, are quotes from the film “Four Lions”.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The individual who 'outed' the students by publishing the WhatsApp comments to the internet would arguably also have committed an offence if the comments had been deemed to be unlawfully offensive. Which they have not.

Universities should encourage radical, offensive, even dangerous thinking. Otherwise, what's the point of them?

Incidentally, I've been inspired by Philomena Cunk to now refer to George Orwell's novel as 'One, nine, eight, four'.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sbradb

sbradb Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My sister goes to Exeter University and their conversation threads went around the uni so I’ve seen them and to be totally honest these people were actually sick and deserve to be punished! They haven’t released some of the worse that they said which I do not want to repeat on here at all. -vomit- I hope they never live it down.

What makes it even worse (in my opinion, not literally) is that the people who had these conversations were studying to become lawyers, are very upper class, extremely wealthy, speak with the most stuck up ‘posh’ accents imaginable and look down on everyone as if they’re God’s own gift to the world.

The people who gave the Whatsapp group chat out were people in the chat as it was their class’s group chat- not just the individuals making the remarks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Such people can be annoying. But I'm uncomfortable that their social circumstances should be a factor. Arguably they are a minority group; even at Exeter! :)

The views they expressed are offensive but apparently not unlawful. Many aspects of life and culture offend me but I accept that others have the right to offend me. Within the law, of course. Do any of us have a right to not be offended? Not a rhetorical question; I'm interested in what others think about it.

If students at university could not express dangerous ideas and offend society we would perhaps still be shackled by medieval heresy and blasphemy laws.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

There was a time when any offence caused could quite easily result in a swift smack to The nose!! Two things were achieved here! The offender got his just deserts! And the offended got his retribution. Obviously time has moved on, and this kind of behaviour is wholly intolerable on many levels! :):)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes! Apparently violence is not the answer. But where would we be without it? "One good fist is worth a thousand words", etc. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1