Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Target Gender based acid attacks, on men. Typical limo wristed response from the media.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Must admit, as a frequent train traveller, I get wound up by ignorant fat blokes who spread their legs into "my" space.

The fact a violent psychotic claims they are a feminist makes them no more credible than an other criminally insane individual claiming to be Napoleon.

I tend to tell them rather than pour Domestos on them and it works, I find.

In this instance, the reporter calling the assailant a criminal, guilty of assault, probably carries more potency as she is female also.

I guess the danger is anyone assuming a nutter is representative of their gender - otherwise all blokes would be paedophiles, serial killers and rapists, rather than there just being a lot of them who are mostly blokes.

In a land where the state orders the death of dissidents by using Novichok, a crazed woman squirting bleach on a bloke's crotch is Queen.

Or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    watched this the other day, was just waiting for someone to lamp her

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    [​IMG]
    this is the same bird.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yep, that'll stop upskirt perversions.

Ever felt we are being duped or manipulated by state-sponsored social media operatives or perhaps individuals using notoriety to achieve celebrity?

I'm off to Salisbury to gasp in awe at the Cathedral, unless I get distracted enroute :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Hmmn.....maybe the Kremlin know we're on to them:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45828060

8. Scotland19

Scotland19 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    That absolute skank needs a bullet or beat within an inch of her life

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Or maybe it's a hoax.

Either way, be aware this site observes the Armed Forces policy with regard social conduct.

10. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-46020530

I see nothing wrong with this.

Young lad is violent, deals and takes drugs, given help, still continues. Gets evicted for drugs and violence. Gets given a tent.

And suddenly the mum objects? Where
    Was your concern for him and others when he was acting like a complete and utter *text deleted*?

Maybe if she actually did some parenting he wouldn’t be in that mess.

Why is it my tax money that consistently pays for this toilet? Tax money that could be used to help genuine people in need?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    It was a hoax.... Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Kremlin funded false flag

• Like Like x 1
  12. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    People wearing corps emblems when not having ever served or worked within the armed forces.

People slow to reply to emails/phone calls etc.

Parents who feed their children poor food because they’ve “had a long day at work and need something quick and easy”

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    what if things you buy have corps emblems on them because money from that purchase went to say the Royal Marines Charity or something.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

This issue always stirs up a hornet's nest.

It's nearly as emotive as the annual poppy rage incidents reported in the national press when some blasphemer decides not to wear a poppy on their left lapel or similar nonsense.

The person "gravely offended" is very often having a bleat on behalf of a cadre they don't actually belong to.

Even RM trained ranks are not permitted to use their coveted logos for financial gain. Authorised charitable fund raising yes, personal income through marketing, no.

• Seen Seen x 1
  15. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Personally I have no issue with poppy’s or clothing with “the Royal Marine Charities” and so on. My only issue is those people who wear say a jumper with Globe and Laurel on and walk down the high street expecting the public to smile and give quiet respect to someone that hasn’t earned any right to display a branches logo etc

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I've no doubt these people exist, but half the time a lot of people claiming to be something they're not, quite possibly have profound issues themselves & some deserve treatment rather than being vilified.

I'm always a bit wary of the old boys festooned in military iconography at this time of year. Generally I find the genuine article tends to simply crack-on with life rather than make a song & dance about stuff.

For me the only people that prompt a reaction are those who lie to make an income from it.

I've yet to come across anyone falsely claiming to be a Royal Navy Stoker and expecting respect or admiration because of it, but plenty falsely claiming to be RM Commandos, former SAS/SBS, Paras etc, so I understand the frustration felt.

Equally I don't necessarily believe respect or admiration is automatically earned just by successful completion of selection or basic training based on the historical deeds of others in that unit on the field of combat.

Respect is earned and lost, by the actions of the individual - trouble is the reputation of the unit can suffer by the actions of the individual and all too often those resting on the laurels of their predecessors can taint the reputation of their successors.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  18. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
  19. Rover

Rover Moderator

Manchester bogus poppy products seized from wholesaler
    • 2 November 2018

A haul of more than 1,700 counterfeit poppy products including pendants, earrings and badges have been seized from a wholesaler.
    The items were discovered by trading standards officers during a routine inspection in Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
    Some of the products were emblazoned with "Lest We Forget".

Manchester City Council declined to indentify the business concerned due to an ongoing investigation.

The Royal British Legion said it was a "sad fact" that there were people who would "actively defraud the public" of money intended for veterans and their families.

Rabnawaz Akbar, the council's executive member for neighbourhoods, said he encouraged residents to be "vigilant".
    "It is absolutely appalling that counterfeiters would sink to the depths of creating fake poppy merchandise, to try to exploit the public's desire to support members of our Armed Forces community," he said.

The Royal British Legion said the public should purchase poppy products only through official channels.
    Director of fundraising Claire Rowcliffe said: "We want to make sure that it goes to supporting those who have made such a unique contribution to our society."

An investigation to find the source of the counterfeit products is ongoing, the council said.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46077739

Read more: http://civviestreet.proboards.com/thread/64341/fake-poppy#ixzz5Vubvrh2n

• Seen Seen x 1
  20. Hopeful Greybeard

Hopeful Greybeard Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    The fact that objection to this or pointing it out as evidence that the modern trend of "tolerance and equality" may be completely delusional and harmful would be treated as a crime. Whether it be against the law or not, the court of public opinion and the jury of social media will drag you down, publicly shame you and ruin your life for having the wrong opinions.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1