Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Firedrake

Firedrake Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    When you get into a discussion of a sensitive subject with a BA student such as Government policy, Brexit, Hunting, Immigration. You have a differing opinion of something that doesn't support their point of view and they proceed to tell you need to "educate yourself" then tell you something you have heard a million times and heard all the counter arguments.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DJANGO

DJANGO Member

Stupid isn't it, that particular brand of anus preaches so much about free speech and individualism but any opinion different to theirs is wrong and you should hate yourself for even allowing the thought to enter your head!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yes the old “do your research” response. Interesting that they claim to have done so much themselves, but are unable to provide any of the information they have supposedly garnered. You can only gauge how much research you’ve done by comparing your own knowledge to somebody else’s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A particular annoyance for me are those who deploy misinformed, bad science arguments to allege that the Apollo moon landings never happened.

5. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Funny as after brexit the questions what is the eu was highest google search. I doubt it was the brexiteers most I know knew why they were voting leave

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree. Disagree. x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

Exactly, in my experience most leave voters new they were taking a risk therefore did the research. Many remain voters just voted for the status quo and dont actually know what the EU does. Until they lost then it became the only thing that keeps us from a nuclear holocaust!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

There's a long list of things that annoy me. Towards the top of the list are the ads that precede every YouTube pick. For me it is an almost constant stream of suggestions that I use Grammarly which is an app for Americans who have anxiety about speeling and other righting stuff.

But I suppose it's better than the funeral plan ads.

• Like Like x 3
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  8. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Reminded me of when a friend said that anyone who voted leave was an idiot and shouldnt have been allowed to vote. When I asked why they should've voted remain he didn't actually have any reasons. Not to mention the million other things wrong with that statement.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  9. 03092014

03092014 Royal Marines Commando

Just download Ad Block, its a Google Chrome extension. No more YouTube ads!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Parhelia

Parhelia Member

I thought this was pretty messed up:

PETA sparks outrage by barbecuing fake dog to promote veganism.
    The canine prop was being cooked over a banner stating: "If you wouldn't eat a dog, why eat a lamb? Go vegan!"

Demonstrators from the animal rights group descended on the Pitt Street Mall in Sydney to hold the protest, which has been branded "sick" and "disgusting" by shoppers who saw it.

One witness said the organisation was "stooping to new lows" - and claimed they saw "some visibly upset kids" who were out and about during their summer break.

https://news.sky.com/story/peta-sparks-outrage-by-barbecuing-fake-dog-to-promote-veganism-11616185

It scared and upset children in a shopping centre, that's not very fair at all.

11. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Kind of has a point really.

In all honesty would I eat dog if they were treat the same as cattle and lived in fields and barns etc?

Well, yeah I would.

• Like Like x 3
    • Seen Seen x 1
  12. Parhelia

Parhelia Member

My issue was mainly with the manner in which they conducted the campaign.

My views on veganism and vegetarianism mirror my views on religion in that people should just do their own thing and not force their beliefs on others.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    To be honest with you...why don't we eat human meat.??

14. corvus

corvus Member

Because it has the potential to be extremely harmful to you. And it has been taboo in almost every human culture since the dawn of time.

15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

“In environments where food availability is constrained, individuals can receive extra nutrition and energy if they use other conspecific individuals as an additional food source. This would, in turn, increase the survival rate of the cannibal and thus provide an evolutionary advantage in environments where food is scarce. A study conducted on wood frog tadpoles showed that those that exhibited cannibalistic tendencies had faster growth rates and higher fitness levels than non-cannibals.An increase of size and growth would give them the added benefit of protection from potential predators such as other cannibals and give them an advantage when competing for resources.”

“Some examples of diseases transmitted by cannibalism in mammals include Kuru which is a prion disease that degenerates the brain. This disease is prevalent in Papua New Guineawhereby tribes practice endocannibalism in cannibalistic funeral rituals and consume the brains infected by these prions. It is a cerebellar dysfunctional disease which has symptoms including a broad-based gait and decreased motor activity control; however, the disease has a long incubation rate and symptoms may not appear until years later.”

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  16. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

• Like Like x 3
  17. Boplicity

Boplicity New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Had the pleasure of meeting this man recently. Proper decent bloke. Smart too, he's been calling all this insanity for years!

• Like Like x 1
  18. KenDoll

KenDoll Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    The amount of people who spell the word lose 'loose' I literally scream when I see it misused/mispelt online. It boiles my @*#£

• Like Like x 3
  19. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Loose

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. KenDoll

KenDoll Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Agaisjfndisjabdodnd

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1