Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Skullface

Skullface Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    bruv you just hatin innit

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. CallMeLucifer

CallMeLucifer Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    *Sucks teeth* *text deleted*, iz u dizzy?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    People who eat noisily and clang their cutlery. Scum of the earth. :D

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. rkec

rkec Valuable Contributor

I don't particularly think the video of this driver should cause an outrage. It's single track road, the oncoming driver is driving slow enough to stop, driving wide maybe to get a better view of traffic coming towards them round the corner. It's a bit wet and maybe they understeered a little touch.

I don't see any evidence that they are American's, unless I'm missing something.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  5. c4libre

c4libre Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Things not going to plan. Its something i need to change my attitude towards

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

This is quite an anotove subject and I’ll try and phrase it without be insensitive. But:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-51354775

Bringing in “self defence” classes to PE. It’s hard enough to get actual PE taught and decent quality sports and physical activity and its hard enough to get insurance for that let alone anything like that.

“Her friend Tilda Offen said if Ellie had "just known the simplest technique to get him off her she would still have her life".”

I’m sorry but it’s just not as simple as that. This isn’t Hollywood, it’s not a film. It’s real life. Attacks, fighting, defending yourself doesn’t play out like that.

It’s not a case of “learning a move”. It’s about consistent, hard, training to the point it becomes instinctual, and even then you can still fall foul of bad luck or a stronger opponent.
    You can’t think about it in the heat of the moment, you have to react.

It’s as ridiculous as the videos sweden produced in response to its horrendous rise in rape and sexual assault. It was a joke.

I agree with teaching more about consent, healthy relationships, and red flags to BOTH sexes in School health lessons though.

• Like Like x 5
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51355206

Here’s a crazy idea, maybe the women directors weren’t good enough this year?
    Maybe “Black” films weren’t good enough this year?

What is with this inherently racist trend to make everything about race?! White artists that won awards at the MOBOs were discredited for some BS or another.

The hurt locker was GASH. And it only won over Avatar, because it had a female director. It was dire.

How about we just take stuff for it’s merit not making it about race. You want to turn people to various extremism and political views, keep ramming it down their throats. Look how well that went for the Labour Party.
    The inherently racist left just don’t get it.

Martin Luther King would be rolling in his grave.

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

"Her friend Tilda Offen said if Ellie had "just known the simplest technique to get him off her she would still have her life"."

The comment was clearly made made by a very young person who is mourning her friend and trying to make sense out of a tragic waste of life. Her reaction and the urge to seek a quick, easy fix is understandable but as others have mentioned there are deeper societal issues which need to be confronted. :(

In contrast:

North Wiltshire MP James Gray is supporting their campaign.
    He said he intended to raise the idea in Parliament and said if self-defence was taught in schools then a potential murderer "would realise he would have met his match”.

This bloke really should know better. Rather than showboating on what he perhaps considers to be a ‘popular’ campaign he should deliver some honesty.

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The presenters they put on the rugby! Not really sure why they have to be women anyway, but find some who actually know what they’re talking about - or at the very least are willing to learn. Gabby Logan just tries to shoehorn some rugby words she’s learned confidently into a scentence and then asks some stupid question like “how does it feel to win”, instead of something that might actually garner an interesting opinion on the game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Gabby Logan’s sporting background is gymnastics. This doesn’t disqualify her from commenting on other sporting disciplines but the media often has a very conservative mind set. Which is why Clare Balding does just about everything else on TV and radio and is consequently over exposed. Both Logan and Balding tick the ‘diversity’ box so better talent—female or male—doesn't get a look in.

Anyone interested in cricket should listen to Alison Mitchell who is co-presenter of Stumped. She is enthusiastic, informed and clearly has a true interest in the game.

Stumped is a weekly radio cricket show from the BBC World Service produced in association with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and All India Radio. It is broadcast at silly o’clock in the morning but I’m awake by then anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gsrmh

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Right. How on Earth 1917 didn’t win Best Picture, I have no idea. Oh yea, I know, because it’s got mostly white blokes in it, and 1 female in a motherly role.

And parasite, despite being absolute garbage won best picture, because it ticks the diversity box.

What an absolute joke.

It’s exactly like the hurt locker winning, over Avatar. Hurt locker was GASH. Avatar should have taken it, but because Hurt Locker had a female director, tick in the diversity box!

• Like Like x 7
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

“Phoenix, who won best actor for his remarkable performance in the origin story about Batman's nemesis, also used the podium to send a heartfelt message about the state of the world, saying actors have the power to give a "voice for the voiceless".”

No. Shut up you absolute cabbage. You aren’t a voice for the voiceless. You are an actor, you play make believe. You literally make a living by doing what kids do, pretending to be something you aren’t. And you capitalise on it.

It’s easy to gob off from your mansion, not having to worry about electric bills, or heating bills.

Dear Actors/Actresses/Celebrities.

No one gives a flying rats anus. Wind your neck in.

Sincerely
    Everyone with half a brain.

• Hoofin x 3
    • Nailed It x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Gen Dit x 1
  13. Cheezy hammy eggy

Cheezy hammy eggy Valuable Contributor

Totally Agree,
    Ricky Gervais hit the nail on the head, he should’ve received a BAFTA for putting the
    luvvies in their place for gobbing off about climate change and Trump.
    Please don’t get me started on Greta Thundberg.-banghead-

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It infuriates me when there are plenty of people of both genders who could do so much better. Maggy Alphonsi has been on ITV recently and been fine. Truth be told, I don’t think she’s quite found her feet with commentary yet but she knows the game and has some decent opinions and insights to give. Most importantly, it avoids those awkward moments where the presenter says something entirely incorrect and all the pundits have to try to correct them without undermining them (and actually gender is irrelevant here - what’s his name who hosts the premiership highlights with Flatman is even worse).

• Like Like x 1
  15. CallMeLucifer

CallMeLucifer Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I can't stand her. I don't need a silverspoon that is from one of the wealthiest families in Stockholm lecturing me about anything. You can clearly tell she was placed where she is now, as a spokesman, because "she is a child", as if that deflects any criticism of her behaviour.

As for her parents? They ought to be investigated. Greta's first book was just her mum telling everyone about raising an autistic child; I'm told that met with a lot of legal action. Also, I believe Greta even spent time on a yacht/cruise ship with a bunch of middle-age men as well.

My favourite part is when she said how her childhood was ruined. *text deleted* *text deleted* off. I would crawl over glass to get the childhood she got. You'd think she was sold off into a p*dophile ring, or she was born in Mogadishu.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I annoy my family by referring to this film as 'One nine one seven'.

It's not an original joke. I pinched it off TV's Philomena Cunk who once spoke about George Orwell's 'One nine eight four'.

On the topic of annoying others by mangling popular culture, today is the anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm Ten.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 5
  17. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    It’s just a sad case of affairs that climate science has become so politicised. We could make real progress with respect to moving towards renewable energy if we stopped taking “sides.”

It always amuses me when laypeople presume to know more about a given topic, than individuals who have spent their entire careers researching and learning about said topic. -banghead-

• Like Like x 4
  18. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yes, let’s all attack a teenager for doing something meaningful and raising awareness for probably the biggest problem of our generation and inspiring millions of people to action. People don’t hate her for any of her actions, nor even who she is, they hate her because of their continual denial of climate change. If she was making the same speechs and engaging in the same activism to protest, say racism, she would not receive the same criticism.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  19. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I think people are just sick of being talked at as opposed to talked to and listened to. It’s not about hate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fibonarchie

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I think you’re entirely correct, but many of those same people refused to be talked to because they don’t want that. They don’t want to gather information and come to the most logical viewpoint, they want to choose a viewpoint and stick to rigidly. They don’t want to hear opposing views, they want to be in an echo chamber. People have become so obsessed with themselves and being “right” that they stopped trying to actually find the truth.

You see it all the time in politics. People talk about ‘winning’ debates, but the point of a debate is to find out what is right considering all the evidence. Instead what you tend to see an arranged system where one party is vastly better prepared than the other so that they ‘win’ by sounding the most convincing, rather than both parties trying to find the genuine fact.