Things that annoy you. Your rants.

The_Chief

Reaction score
I remain astonished that the USA (population of over 330 million) ever settled on Clinton and Trump for the 2016 election. Was that as good as it got? This year's Democratic challenger has only one credential: he's not Trump. They both flag up concerns about age-related mental defects. -banghead-

The sitting president almost always gets re-elected so based on that alone Trump has it in the bag. If that annoys the BBC it will make me happy.

I don't buy the claim made by some of my Republican friends that Trump rescued the economy. He just hasn't yet screwed up the healthy legacy he inherited from Obama. But for all his bluster, boasting and outright dishonesty he hasn't yet started any expensive wars.

The fundamental error people make with Trump is that they pay too much attention to what he says. In contrast what he actually does is very moderate.
I wouldn't be so sure that Trump has it in the bag, countless media personalities are encouraging their younger audience to go out and vote e.g. Kylie Jenner who has 200 million followers on social media encouraged all her followers who could vote to do so. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but most of the people running these register to vote events are vocal supporters of Biden and most of their primarily young audience lean to the left. Add this on top of the fact that trump narrowly won in 2016 I think it'll be much closer than many think.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure that Trump has it in the bag,
I'm not bothered either way. Although Trump is comedy gold.
I think that the point is that it is Trump's election to lose. As sitting president he has an enormous amount of political capital and a lacklustre opponent.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure that Trump has it in the bag, countless media personalities are encouraging their younger audience to go out and vote e.g. Kylie Jenner who has 200 million followers on social media encouraged all her followers who could vote to do so. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but most of the people running these register to vote events are vocal supporters of Biden and most of their primarily young audience lean to the left. Add this on top of the fact that trump narrowly won in 2016 I think it'll be much closer than many think.
Not to mention Bloomberg directly interfering with the election by paying $6million worth of criminal fines in Florida allowing 31,000 felons to vote, and telling them to vote for Biden. Funny how there’s barely any coverage of that in the media, if it was in support of Trump, there would be an outcry. It’s being investigated by the DOJ though. Always follow the money... speaking of which were does donations towards BLM go? Act blue, the financial platform that funds the Democrat party, funny how these riots and false narratives pop up every election year...

Clinton did the same though, encouraged and had all the celebrities on her side pushing for her. Difference being the riots and violence by BLM and antifa have uncovered a lot of media bias, a lot of people in democrat run cities have been left feeling betrayed. The good hard working people of the USA want law and order and don’t buy into the false narrative pushed by the media, BLM and Antifa. Biden was silent through the entire “peaceful protests” with constant calls from states, federal, Trump and the media for him to address the riots. (Funny how Trump has to disavow groups constantly, even though the Proud boys have a black chairman, yet Biden was never called to disavow the violence, death and wanton destruction of communities by left wing groups?).

There’s been some good movement by some young up and coming republicans, some of them black, who have been trying to swing the “black” vote by encouraging them to “get off the democrat plantation”. So we could see some interesting results. (Remember Nancy Pelosi getting caught without a mask, then claiming it was a republican set up?)

Biden was a poor choice again by the Democrats, there’s a lot of Bernie supporters who won’t vote for Biden. There is a big risk that the states will enact the National Popular Vote Interstate Pact where the Electoral College would vote for which ever the popular vote winner was. However the legality of this is called into question and it’s seen as unconstitutional. Remember the USA is a republic, not a democracy. The polls by the media are telling as well, one poll by CNN had the debate as being “won” by Biden, but a Spanish speaking news channel had a poll showing a very clear lead claiming Trump was the winner of the debate.

Either way the democrats have been trying to delegitimise the election from the start, as a win or bust move. Mail in votes, smear campaigns and they have the constant media machine and big tech companies working for them. Trump isn’t the ideal candidate and not someone I would choose, however he’s done a decent job considering. And once again it boils down to attacking the man, not policies and an election campaign that is “I’m not trump, orange man bad”.

Last edited:

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Thank god. I used to like Harry but since that creature of the deep, social climbing bint has sunk her claws into him. He’s turned into a total idiot. What an absolute doorknob.

I cannot stand to hear that pair gob off. You want to go off and live your life, good! Do one! But use your own money, stop wasting my tax money, and go off and live a private life. No one cares about what you knobbers have got to say. Got more bloody privilege, money and opportunity than 90% of the country.

I’m sure she is just causing trouble because Royal life wasn’t what she expected, and she didn’t realise it’s full of traditions, regulations and etiquette so is trying to go seek some attention and fame elsewhere.

And stop gobbing off about climate change you are flying about in private jets and helicopters, hypocrites.

Just go off and live your life and stop attention seeking.

(Harry, if you are the victim of domestic abuse, ask for help by blinking morse code)

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Firstly no one cares if you are devastated about your picture being used. Maybe don’t open your pictures to be used or bought for advertising.

Secondly “Government shouldn’t be encouraging people to give up what they love”
I’m sorry Krys, love don’t pay the bills, you want cash money in this world? You got to work for it.

Supply and Demand. Ain’t much demand for prancing about on stage for a packed theatre anymore. So do what everyone else does with a hobby, and get a real job.

“Being about 11 or 12 and feeling like I had to be someone I wasn't and suppress my creative energy to satisfy what 'others' saw as productive lives."

What a load of absolute crap. You go be as creative as you want, no one cares. But you have to pay the rent, the mortgage, the bills, the heating, the food, transport, living cost etc etc. Just like everyone else. There’s families out there in a far worse position who can’t just prance about and demand free money.

Wise up you absolute throbber.

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
Ha!

Or indeed the rise across Europe of nationalism, euroscepticism and right leaning political groups and ideals!

If only there was some explanation or reason, the mind truely boggles!

You also have had riots in the Netherlands last month or so which went on for a few days; which included launching projectiles at law enforcements. Also,the occasional attack on whites just because they were white.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You also have had riots in the Netherlands last month or so which went on for a few days; which included launching projectiles at law enforcements. Also,the occasional attack on whites just because they were white.

You bigot! ;)