Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Things that annoy you. Your rants.

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

How odd... I have never undertaken an internet search for either funeral costs or obesity medication.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OSTV

OSTV Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    TMU
    People who continously go on about something like it's the equivalent of being the first man on the balcony.
    Maths and the friendzone ;)

OSTV

3. What a Banana!

What a Banana! Venerated Contributor

Your not a troll are you? :p

4. OSTV

OSTV Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    TMU
    Me? Never :eek:

OSTV

5. Hosking18

Hosking18 New Member

I use the gym on a local navy base and there's always one person at the front desk always channel hopping on the TV Which in turn changes the channel on all the TVs in the gym, which is bloody annoying!

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There's this annoying woman that does this in my house. I married her before I knew she would do this.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BrigRat

BrigRat Venerated Contributor

The little mood I had earlier when I was down in the dumps and annoyed at everything, felt like a right spoiled little girl but couldn't snap of it.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

People that keep bumping threads.

And this STILL annoys me:

9. ShellC

ShellC Well-Known Member

People on Facebook, who check in to the hosp/docs and everyone rushes to ask whats up and get "Aww, I'll PM you babe"

So, when does your hubby start training for the Army?

People who cant use indicators, or hazards, or brakes, or any other essential car parts properly.

When my hubby moans about me being on Facebook, while having his head in his phone on this forum. :(

The question "Aww, you not annoyed he'll be leaving you with the kids when he goes away?" Annoyed that he'll be in his dream job, working towards securing us a better future, with stability instead of a crappy job he hates? Nope, can't say I'm annoyed.

People who check into the gym on Facebook, normally the same people who tell you they're "hard" If you go to the gym and/or are "hard" you shouldn't have to tell folk...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

On a similar note, if someone announces a tragic misfortune on their Facebook status why do their friends often 'Like' it? What's that all about?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Quill

Quill Member

Similar to Chelonian's post above... People who do something of good character then write a massive facebook status to let everyone know about it and 'encourage' them to do the same so they get loads of 'likes'. Example I saw today:

"I'm really shocked at some people. Today I saw a weak old lady trip over on the curb outside Morrisons and everybody was just walking past. Thankfully I was there and ran over to her, helped her up and checked she was ok, she wasn't cut and didn't seem too bad except for being in shock so I walked her inside and let the staff take over. She offered to buy me a drink but I didn't accept it. Just remember people you only have to do something small each day and it feels amazing knowing how much it means to people." (57 likes)

Well done, you did the right thing and I'm sure it made her day but gobbing off on facebook about it just seems like bad practice, lack of humility. Most of us on this forum would probably do the exact same but keep it quiet.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Spot on. I just wish people would upload a couple of pictures showing the dishevelled old dear, preferably with gory wounds, so we can all post "Awwwww" as well as write a letter to the Pope, proposing canonisation.

One thing that grips me on the RM Recruitment page is idiots posting stuff about US military. I've nothing against the US, but we are British.

Ooorah and harrumph.

PS I wish Facebook had a "dislike" button.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Judge_Bread

Judge_Bread Valuable Contributor

Second the dislike button

14. Old Man

Old Man Ex-Matelot

Threads about rants and things that annoy.

And everyone who posts in them.

Iceholes and bastages to a man.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BrigRat

When you look at the comments on a Youtube video of, say, an RM recruitment advert, and all you see is British and Americans arguing over who has the better Corps. Then eventually it gets to a stage of Americans calling RM's useless and the 'commando' only being a title, and Brits calling US Marines grunts and idiots.

That's not patriotism, that's a lack of respect.

16. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

You'll find most are never served civvys. Those that have never had experience with either service & those who are down right ignorant. You cannot compare the RM to the USMC. For starters, ~186,000 to our ~6700. They have their own airframes, etc. Would be better to compare the RM to the US Rangers for a more accurate comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Judge_Bread

Judge_Bread Valuable Contributor

Plus most serving Royals have a healthy respect for USMC and I'm sure it's the other way around. While the fat Facebook warriors are arguing the toss, the Marines are out there training and working together.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BrigRat

I always think of US Army Rangers as their equivalent of RM commandos except more meant for air assault rather than...well...'marine' work.

Last rant I ever put up - the Government giving India £640 million in aid money to 2015, after they launch a space mission that cost £45 million. This is when their people's poverty rate is through the roof.

As if we don't have our own problems.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Just to add to the ire of the cost of a Mars mission, they have an operational aircraft carrier (with aircraft!) and nuclear weapons capability also.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Also, I sense that many of those posting comments on YouTube are aged about twelve.