Things that make you laugh

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Vegans who buy Easter chocolate treats which conform to vegan ingredient standards but which are still shaped like eggs or bunny rabbits.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Just spent this last week in Gutersloh (Germany) promoting Navy jobs in Brit schools.

Whilst waiting in Dortmund departures lounge today, the FC Red Bull Salzburg team rocked-up to much applause from the bar. The team dressed immaculately in smart suits and Nike trainers, the supporters wearing their red/white scarves.

(They beat Dortmund last night in the Europa League)

As one of the goal scorers came out of the loo, he received a standing ovation, just as I entered.

When I exited, I stood still and held my hand aloft to my oppo, who started clapping and he was soon joined by the appreciative Salzburg supporters.

Must admit, it was probably one of my more memorable pees. Next time I'll check my trousers are fully secured for sea, before taking a bow. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 7
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If a war breaks out with Russia. Pax life insurance small print states that all life insurance policies are void and won’t be paid out....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I used to be a student at a certain school in gutersloh;)

5. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

Lad in the gym threw on a piece of body armour and started banging out pull ups.

I mean I know things are getting tense with the Russians but making sure you don’t get shot in the gym is a little excessive :D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Kings?

IMG_20180307_123026_resized_20180312_112351781.jpg

7. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Ohh yes, there were some good teachers there as well
    Then again, there was some real a*text deleted**holes too
    I did my last 2 years of school and my GCSE's at kings

8. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The UKs response to Russia.

Russia has no problem deploying radiation and nerve agents on the streets, so the UK will boycott the football World Cup.

I mean seriously. That will teach them......

It’s all part of the hurt feelings initiative. Operation limp wristed wet lettuce.

• Like Like x 6
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  9. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

They are also trying to stop the public from receiving RT. Cutting off the people from other versions of a story so we can continue to be fed the foul junk that comes from the BBC and SKY. Anyway, RT.com broadcasts over the internet so they won't really be able to silence it. Freedom of speech isn't dead, our freedom to listen is though if this goes through.

But yes, you are right, it is embarrassing how little we could do if it turns out to be the Russian state. It's also embarrassing how little our MP's know about our lack of leverage anywhere in the world. They are acting like we still have an empire and they have some power. Emperor's new clothes comes to mind and it's almost time for the reveal.

10. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Also, it makes me laugh when Trump called out the Manchester attack (I think it was Manchester) as a terrorist attack without proof and people went mental. Now he doesn't call this one a terrorist attack and people say we have no friends in the US anymore.

-banghead-

11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The UK should boycott it for the more honest reason that we are not going to win it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Southgate has had plans for this for the last 2 years. It's called Plan A. At least it will be an interesting excuse this year. Getting bored of all that ball crossed the line, or hand of God nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The directors of Poundland will be praying that the UK doesn't boycott the World Cup. It will have to store all those little flags people clip to their car windows for another four years. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

I thought it was very good. There's only just under 300 students there now, it closes next year.

It's the first school I've ever visited where every single student sitting the RN Recruit Test passed!

15. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I left in 2015, there was about 700 then
    The head teacher was a funny bloke

16. Ninja_Stoker

She still is. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kangarooj

Kangarooj Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just had to go on the school website to check who the head teacher is, different one to when I was there
    The current one used to be an English teacher when I was there, she was also at a school that I was also previously a student of, until it was shutdown and I got moved to kings

18. Bellionaire679

Bellionaire679 Member

I never got the chance to live in Germany. Was lucky to live in Cyprus though

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I remember Germany vaguely as a child, it’s the Bratwurst stalls that make me want to go back:D

20. DJANGO

DJANGO Member

It's the extremely friendly girls leaning out of windows in certain streets telling me I'm handsome and asking me to go in and see them that makes me want to go back, but bratwurst is nearly as good haha

• Like Like x 1