Things that make you laugh

Chelonian

Reaction score
What are some good, reputable sources of news? It seems everyone has an agenda that results in manipulation now.

Unsure if manipulation is a new trend. Media generally take a position on a topic. The angle is influenced by individual ideology and the requirement to sensationalise stories in order to sell the content.

I'd suggest consuming a broad spectrum of content; compare the 'facts' and make up your own mind.

For example, in print media the editorial positions of The Guardian and Daily Telegraph are polar opposites. Similar examples exist across digital content.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Do you know?

The Television was originally invented in 1348, at the time of the Black Death. The inventor abandoned the project when he realised there'd be bugger all else on the telly.

Rover

Reaction score
Taken from OAMAAM,

Yesterday I was at my local Tesco's store buying a large bag of My Dog dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Dog Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with My Dog nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter's arse and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. I'm now banned from Tesco's

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
37637EDD-B17A-4F2E-B76D-004CE32F07FE.jpeg Loved this
It's one of those things floating about on social media as chain click-bait.

The thing that would be interesting is whether a dyslexic person can read it as easily as those who aren't as I can't see any other fathomable reason why someone at university would be researching the subject.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Esperanto?

Whatever happened to 1970's Afghan coats?
Ah, I might just have answered my own question. :(

afghan_coats.jpg

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It's one of those things floating about on social media as chain click-bait.

The thing that would be interesting is whether a dyslexic person can read it as easily as those who aren't as I can't see any other fathomable reason why someone at university would be researching the subject.
Yes with hindsight it did seem a bit more interesting at 11pm after a few beers:)

Chelonian

Reaction score
Lesson learnt about trying to appease the mob?

Genuinely funny. :)

Just before Christmas 2018 I was in Bill's restaurant, Gandy Street, Exeter when a march in support of LGBT+ issues passed by. I took a risk by giving a cheery wave through the window. A large lesbian with purple hair came in and gave me a big hug.
I know that she was a lesbian because she was wearing a badge stating 'Proud Lesbian'.

Trump was also amusing a couple of days back during his photo opportunity outside a church.
Reporter: "Mr President, is that your own bible?"
Trump: "It's a bible!"