Things that make you laugh

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
drinks.png

I can't remember having a water bottle at school, used to drink from taps by hand to mouth if we had to, usually putting our heads to where the water came out.

I get the point about the covid nonsense but have things changed so much that 7 years olds can't cope without a bottle?

Chelonian

Reaction score
I can't remember having a water bottle at school, used to drink from taps by hand to mouth if we had to, usually putting our heads to where the water came out.
Prior to Thatcher the Milk Snatcher some of us had a daily third of a pint bottle of milk at school. :)

milk.jpg

My old ma is still alive and lived in the Central Provinces of India as a child. Despite temperatures in summer of +48°C she never felt the need to carry a bottle of water with her.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Pinched from FB.
Devon & Cornwall Police send a mixed message about the new 'Law of Six' -banghead-

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 17.56.35.png

Chelonian

Reaction score
Similar happened in the miners strike of the 1980's too.
A good friend of mine serving in D&C Police at that time maintains that his first house purchase was paid for by the overtime he earned during the strike.
To this day he is also adamant that the biggest rows he had on that gig was with officers from the Met and not with the miners. :)

Chelonian

Reaction score
One political analyst's summary of the Trump-Biden debate:

"Never play chess with a pigeon. It knocks over all the pieces and then struts about as if it won."