This is the PRMC and 32 week training course!!

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes...

This is the link to the commando documentry on youtube for anyone who missed it!!

This series is broken up into sections as youtube only allows 10 mins max video time...

Just follow the video titles like this series one, video one, looks like this
(1 1/5) then (1 2/5) then (1 3/5) and so on.. When you've finished series one go to series 2 IE: (2 1/3) then (2 2/3) then (2 3/3) get it??

Same with series three, four, five, six, seven and eight careful not to go from series 1 2/5 to series 2 3/5 etc... Anyway here it is from series one episode one...Caution some strong language!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cVsJkr6yw&feature=related

sooty795

Reaction score
it is just the 32 weeks training mate but excellent to watch, I think you see more on this than the commando on the front line!!

you can see the PRMC of blue peter presenter aswell on you tube, but not sure how old this is and things may have changed, but still good to get a idea

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
@ Sooty, I'm afriad you do not see more of RT on this, than the Commando: On the Front line, as in fact, this IS Commando: On the Frontline, :uglyhammer:

Sorry to disappoint.

Leedham

Reaction score
hmmmm, im sure theres little bits missing from them! Been watching commando on the front line again on ITV2 and im sure theres a few more mins worth of viewing than on them you tube clips....

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure, as I've been watching the DVD boxset, and there's quite a bit more on there than what is show on TV, I think.

Shibby

Reaction score
i've only seen a few episodes on tv but they all had more on them than my dvd has??? really annoying me as it was £15. Not just a little bit here and there aswell like loads extra on each episode, especially when they in afganistan. Anyone else find this or i just got a gimp version?

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Great thanks for that.

I have actually read the book of this, by Chris Terrill, it was really great and inspired me to try for the RM. The book features various parts about RT training, as well as some YO officer training and parts in Afghanistan.

sooty795

Reaction score
sorry for my lack of concentration on my above post - what i meant was there is another program on you tube thats broken into 6 or 7 parts, think it was done a few years ago, the program was called REAL i think. But i thought it showed alot more detail on the different parts of the training, where as commando on the front line was a bit like "if you blinked you missed 10 weeks" and they only concentrated on a couple of characters.

I`d put a link but i can`t access you tube at work!! sssssssshhhhhhhhhh don`t tell anyone.

def worth a look.

try a search on you tube, royal marines REAL, think that should bring it up.