Thoughts on this little gadget

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by ThurmanMurman99, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ThurmanMurman99

ThurmanMurman99 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I know that many of you lot don't encourage using weights however I've taken a liking to the 'prowler sled' that is available to use at my gym and I just wanted your lots stamp of approval- I know its not exactly a standard issue bodybuilding piece of kit and is mainly for athletes so I thought it would help me improve on my leg power and sprinting and I could churn up a few circuits. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it if your familiar with the sled and if you'd recommend it or if you reckon its a waste of time. Smooth ;)

Heres a pic of one https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...bm=isch&q=prowler+sled+&imgrc=GI9Ws-oSTRboOM:

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Looks fine to me :)

prowler-push1.jpg

That said, in the majority of photos, the blokes pushing them look like fat rugby players rather than lithe middle-distance runners.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. CSVern

CSVern Active Member

A guy at my gym had one which I used for a few weeks on a nearby track. The pushing element seemed to be quite good for leg strength, endurance and sprinting.
    Had a harness with it too, so I would pull 35kg for 100m sprints, absolute killer!

I imagine there are better suited exercises for your aims though, so I wouldn't make a plan around it, rather just fit it in if you have the space for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PotentialToff

PotentialToff Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    With a slight modification you could paint the double yellow lines on the road...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    The marine at my gym suggested pulling it using trx straps, as a substitute for drags if there's no one available for that

• Like Like x 2
  6. DBenn01

DBenn01 Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    You could even push a wheel barrow full of rocks (half load - as my boss relentlessly reminds me) up a hill. The hill for resistance, the rocks for weight. More weight or steeper hill equals more resistance.

You could pull the wheel barrow up the hill behind you. Making sure to hold the bottom of the handles with your thumbs pointing up for your forearms to get stronger. Mind the back of your legs from kicking the wheel barrows legs - legs?

Keep it steady though, if you have a wheel barrow of course. Great whole body workout, even going down. The whole back and trunk, the shoulders, arms and legs get it good, but pull your shoulder blades in, tense your lats, keep your back straight and away you go!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ThurmanMurman99

ThurmanMurman99 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Cheers ladies I shall take said advice into consideration;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

They are sponsored by glorified orange juice, mcdonalds, sticky tape and use little glass pots to make pretty patterns on their skin. ;)

Top athletes are paid to make certain products look Gucci and special, there's no school like the old school... Sprint up a steep hill, repeat, until your lungs burst or your eyeballs drop out. Then keep going.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2