thursday interview

royalpete

Reaction score
alryt lads just like to say i passed my tests last wednesday was harder than i thought but i still passed...anyway my interview is thursday and im *text deleted**text deleted*tin myself as i have seen on here that everyone has passed theres...i would be glad on people shedding some light on how hard the interview is and how long your in there for etc etc

cheers

robj

Reaction score
Hey mate, nice one on passing the recruiting tests!
When I had my interview back in September it lasted about 30 minutes and wasn't too bad really. The questions were mainly about my life and what I'd done with it so far, how i found school, any sports I'd done or teams I'd been in and why I wanted to join the Royal Marines. The careers officer did ask a couple of basic questions about the Marines so make sure you have a bit of corps knowledge revised. I think he asked a question about recruit training aswell, so make sure you have an idea of whats involved, how long it takes, the commando tests etc.

One thing I've heard from a lot of people is make sure you don't lie to the interviewer, they assess people for a living and WILL catch you out. Other than that just treat it as if it was any other interview, be polite, turn up in a suit etc and you'll be fine. Good luck.

RH

Reaction score
i had to know what happened on each day of the prmc so just a heads up mate

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got asked quite a lot, but *text deleted* I dont think they expected me to know all the ansers.
Cap badge and what all the bits mean.
Pay and ranks.
Highest ranking officer in RM.
Most commonly used rifle.
Commando tests and time limits.
Birth of the corp.
Commando values.
Names of ships in the RN.
Types of ships in the RN.

And some other stuff as well!