Time between sets?

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads.. just wondering if the time i take to rest between sets of pressups makes a difference? ty

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Depends, how long are you talking? Try aim for a 1-2min rest period per set.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No way. I try to break my phys down into hour sections so I'd have 1/60 - 1/30 of an hour between each set

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong...but isnt 60-120 secs the same as 1-2 mins?

or am i actually going mad?!
I think you may have taken it a slight to literally and missed the humour of admiral awesome

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah i see! twas a joke!

man i love jokes!

just tired after a long day *text deleted* my sense of humour part of my brain isnt functioning properly maybe !

*slaps self in face*

:bully:

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers, reason i ask is because i just gave the 100 pushups a try and couldn't manage the 3rd week program even though i can max 19/20. Serie 4 and 5 i had to take a little longer rest, and only managed the 14 max on the last set rather than the suggested 15, plus my arms went floppy =/

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well go back to week 2, no point cheating yourself.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well go back to week 2, no point cheating yourself.
I'm not cheating myself, i just followed the guidelines. But yeh i'm think i'm going to go back to week 2.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You should aim for no more than 1 minute per set and on the final set I used to have 2 minutes before I maxed out. Now (4 months later) I strictly rest 30 seconds and when my watch bleeps at 30 seconds I start my next set.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i hate my watch, when i think 15 seconds have gone i look at it and finds that 45 have gone.

Mat

Reaction score
I pretty much stick to around 30 seconds, maybe 60 if I need it and then do another set. I dont rest between exercises on a circuit other than the time it takes to move positions for the next exercise and then ill rest for 60 seconds between my circuits before starting another one.