Tips

burny4125

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey has any1 got any tips too get my 1.5 mile time up?, im currently on 9.58 and i *text deleted* get it down 2 about 9ish any tips would be great thanks, Burny

RC

Reaction score
Intervals / fartlek training should help.

Rich.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I know on first impression this will sound unhelpful, but just run faster mate. You CAN do it, you just don't want to. No matter how bad you feel, you CAN run faster, you're not *text deleted* die! And if you do, you won't know about it anyway so either way you win!!

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the difference between Interval & Fartlek training? And how often should these two be used a week?

Richie-marine

Reaction score
just keep running and eventually youl realise you can go faster as your cv gets better but just keep running thats my tip.

interveiw may 22nd
phycosemtric july 16th
pjft august 25th 8:40
rmad sept 28th
prmc dec 09th

press ups: 35:redface:
sit ups: 85
pull ups: 6
1.5 mile: 8:40ish

RC

Reaction score
Whats the difference between Interval & Fartlek training? And how often should these two be used a week?

Interval are more structured generally, but there are no hard and fast rules.
An example would be run 400 m hard and then walk or jog for a minute to recover and then repeat as many times as you require.

Fartlek is simply running at faster pace during a run (for however far you you decide) and then slowing down to recover then repeating.

Basically, both methods train the anaerobic system through using repeated bouts of high intensity running (or cycling, swimming, rowing etc).

Your best bet is to do a quick google for more info.

Ref - How many times per week ...

It depends on a number of factors, such as -

Current level of fitness.
The intensity, duration of the interval / fartlek sessions.
The event you are training for.
The demand other training sessions place on your body.
Time away from event (prmc) you are training for.

Plus other factors.

As a general rule, replace one of your normal runs each week with a interval / fartlek session. Do this for 3-4 weeks and then replace another of your normal runs with a fartlek / interval session.

2 anaerobic sessions should be fine for MOST peoples needs.

There's loads of info on the web so you should be able to get some more detailed guide lines / advice.

Rich.

New Threads