To everyone who's ever been TMU.

Titch_SA

Reaction score
Persevere.

I got 24 months TMU back on March 30, 2010.

Today...I finished that suspension and am technically allowed to re-apply.

It's a pretty junk feeling when it first happens...but if it's something that you really want, then persevere and you'll get another opportunity.

May 2013 baby :rock:

HMGinger

Reaction score
I have that feeling. Was TMU'd last month for 18months. Going uni, then re applying!

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i can't join til late 2013 either, bit of a kick in the you know what, but i guess its just more time to get fit and trying to stay motivated.

I've got a picture of a green lid on my wall to keep me interested ;)

TheGeek

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at a potential 4yr TMU which puts me on the brink of the upper age limit, which is quite worrying, but my view is, it's just 4 more years of phys, heh. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be cranky.

Geek

Titch_SA

Reaction score
I have that feeling. Was TMU'd last month for 18months. Going uni, then re applying!
That's what I did...I'm currently in my second year of a two year uni course.

Don't stress...18 months will fly by.

LukeJenkins18

Reaction score
i think i was TMU'd i had a medical in october and failed on shinsplints and had to wait 10months is that a TMU? and when i have my next medical what will happen?

Steffan

Reaction score
i think i was TMU'd i had a medical in october and failed on shinsplints and had to wait 10months is that a TMU? and when i have my next medical what will happen?
did they fail you because you had shinsplints at the time of your medical, or just because you get them in general? i keep getting them and they're a pain because they keep setting me back on my running :sad2:

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
steffan i found that MY shins splints were through a real bad diet and naff running shoes/ insoles.....i got rid of them by wearing footy socks all the way up and obviously proper running kit. and keep my legs warm after a run. plus a hot bath/shower after always helped increase bloody flow to my legs so aids the recovery process too.

loads of shin splint threads have a good look around!

hope it helps!

Steffan

Reaction score
steffan i found that MY shins splints were through a real bad diet and naff running shoes/ insoles.....i got rid of them by wearing footy socks all the way up and obviously proper running kit. and keep my legs warm after a run. plus a hot bath/shower after always helped increase bloody flow to my legs so aids the recovery process too.

loads of shin splint threads have a good look around!

hope it helps!
awesome, thanks! i'd heard of the hot bath and keeping legs warm after a run, but i'll definitely try the footy socs trick, and i'm only just seriously getting my diet in gear so hopefully that'll help :smile:

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Another that might help is learning how to massage your lower leg....basically forces out any excess lactic acid.... I have a had bit of training in sports massage so I'm ok but always get proper technique/advice first YouTube is ok to a certain level!

LukeJenkins18

Reaction score
did they fail you because you had shinsplints at the time of your medical, or just because you get them in general? i keep getting them and they're a pain because they keep setting me back on my running :sad2:
its because i had them at the time of the medical :(, but could have saved me in the long run anyway