Toms 2 minutes!

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Hello guys, try to make a long story short..
Living basically next to the SBS camp comes with a few perks, 2 SBS guys are taking our pre-season football training for our local team at the moment, weve so far done 10 weeks of 'extra phys' from them, which has been hell but really benficial. One of the guys last night told us if we didnt do one of the exercises right we would get either big arms ( press ups ) or Toms 2 minutes...needless to say we got Toms 2 minutes, it was pure hell and collapsing was th eonly option after it. Afterwards we asked them why it was called that...the story is there used to be a RM called Tom who was the fittest marine there was, everytime there was a 'extra phys' he would come through it easily, everyone tried to break him but they couldnt, eventually or so the story goes he was too fit for his body and his heart exploded, so after he was brown bread the RM now have a thing called Toms 2 minutes....

Wanted to knwo for the guys that are in so far if theyve heard of this, any truth behind it!?

ta

M

MTW

man they must be rolling around laughing when you guys are lapping that up! does that really sound true to you?

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Well you dont want to say its complete b*llocks after theyve explained it to you, i think there could be some truth behind it, possibly not that the guys heart exploded because he was too fit, but possibly that there was some one that was so fit that beastings didnt work...

MrBannister

Reaction score
The SAS have one called lees 40miler in 40mins, they still cant break me :rock:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
...he was too fit for his body and his heart exploded, so after he was brown bread the RM now have a thing called Toms 2 minutes....

Ouch, sounds serious, not to mention messy. Was he OK afterwards I wonder ?

My extensive research has unearthed that "Tom's Twos" is a RM colloquialism for a brisk two minute work-out, probably devised by a PTI or Corporal, probably called Tom, back in the mists of yore. Whether he suffered from heart explosions is a matter of pure conjecture.

S

Sotiris

Hahaha...heart explosions :smile1:.

Sounds like the SBS guys were just having some fun....I guess it's what the BS stands for :saythat: (JOKE!!).

Though I do like the idea of the unbeastable Marine.

Aspiring87

Reaction score
I think the heart literally expolding inside his chest was a bit of an exaggeration, but maybe someone that has so much determation that he pushes himslef beyond what his body can cope with could happen and his heart fails...a myth it could be, but if anyone is put through toms 2 minutes its a proper 'extra phys', but benificial at the same time.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha...heart explosions :smile1:.

Sounds like the SBS guys were just having some fun....I guess it's what the BS stands for :saythat: (JOKE!!).

Though I do like the idea of the unbeastable Marine.

haha i would'nt say that to their face, well funny though *text deleted* :applaus:

45Bootneck

Reaction score
Tom's 2 minutes is a favourite of ML's as you'll no doubt find out in week 8, 10 and in Foggin Tor. The horrendous part is that ML's have no concept of spreading the workload around the body and you usually end up doing squats, squat thrusts, tuck jumps and lunges, leaving you walking like you've got ricketts afterwards.

Latest posts

New Threads