torn my back muscle

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
how do you treet a torn back muscle, dont exercise for a week or what?

or just lay down and dont do as much exercise?

please reply:amuse:

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Which back muscle? theres a few *text deleted* (traps, rhomboids, lats, erector spinae...). Best bet is to rest it, let it get better. And its probably just pulled, not torn. Get someone to massage some deep heat onto it. If its really bad go docs.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
I tore a back muscle when i was 9, trust me you would know if it was torn hurts like a bitch and you cant move hardly without mass amounts of pain. You've probably just pulled it but go see the doc they will sort you out with some good pain killers and probably lots of rest. Possibly physio as well.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, torn back sucked.

Rest and take something like ibrobrufen.. nice anti-infalmitory will help :)

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Weyhey (not to be rude) someone with the same problem as me.
I just started my circuit training tonight.. got through the first set, up to the box jumps i was fine then on the 3rd jump OUCH what the *text deleted* was that.. tried another oooh now thats starting to hurt more.. now i'm cowering down, then lying flat on the floor. Go see a doc mate thats what i'm doing first thing in the morning... well first thing i'm phoning work, but then going to the docs.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont want to see a doc because if and when i have my medical it will be on my record (back problem!) and i dont want that to happem.
your right i probebly have pulled it and its right next to my spine , its every time i lift something it kills

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Torn muscles hurt like a mother..! probably just pulled it, bit of rest should sort it out, if it persists however then see a doctor.

I tore my shoulder muscle falling off my bike, drunk, wet floor, cycling too fast..i almost cried..but not quite :p, it actually hurt more than when i broke my collar bone (another cycling accident), the doctor thought the torn muscle was actually a dislocation or possibly broken bone at first. Also got taken to hospital for a torn forearm muscle, at the time it looked like i had broken my arm with the swelling, was at a skatepark so they called the ambulance, just *text deleted* it was quicker than waiting for a lift to the hospital.

But hope your alright, just take it easy and don't utilise the muscle until its fully repaired, or do anything which might hurt it further.

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
went to the docs today and all he said was it was probably pulled, didn't even put it down on my record. Didn't even give me any pain killers either, just said rest it for 1-2 weeks (easy for him to say, i *text deleted* pay the bills).

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Atleast you know its just pulled, probably best to not have pain killers, otherwise you might do more damage unknowingly. But bummer to have to take it easy for up to two weeks, glad its not serious.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
1 - 2 weeks rest? ugh thats sh*t ive rested for like 3 days now like and it is getting better. i can also keep my running up aswell wich isnt so bad and ive still been doing sit ups so its not that bad, ill giv it a few more days an see how it feels. the only time it hurts is when i pick something up or lift weights.
My mums a nurse and is bringing home some tablets for me and stuff, i just hope it gets better thanks lads :shakehands:

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
yeah i know 1-2 weeks *text deleted*! *text deleted* its feeling better already, but i am taking creatin and protein which aids in muscle recovery and i've always got better quickly from other sprains/pulls. hopefully by next week i'll be training again, but lightly at first. hope yours gets better too lukeboy!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha your to mate thanks .

do you or anybody know if you can still do situps without it getting worse? i have been doing them and my back isnt hurting when i do them or after but you bend your back whilst doing them so i was just wondering if this would be a problem? please reply

cheers lads

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
*text deleted* mate i wouldn't training at all with an injury due to risk of it getting worse and therefore being out of training for longer. But if you've tried situps and it doesn't hurt then why not carry on, after all its your back mate you choose.:dontaskme:

jaycowell

Reaction score
luke you no about what the army sed to me mate i told u on msn just get loads of rest it will all be sound mate. try avoiding heavy weights when u start again and work your way back up mate
GOOD LUCK