Train Ticket to Lympstone

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well I passed my PJFT on Saturday and it was quite easy to be honest. I got a call on Tuesday from the AFCO and they said something about a train ticket. I was mainly thinking about when my PRMC will be and October is fully booked. Looks like it'll be in November though.

The train ticket is what I want to talk about. This may sound stupid but do we have to pay for it or do they? I'm sure they do, also do you have to collect it yourself from the AFCO or do they send it out to you?

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
they give you a MOD travel warrant and you take it to the train station and exchange it for train tickets

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
they give you a MOD travel warrant and you take it to the train station and exchange it for train tickets

Ah ok thanks for that info mate. So did you have to pick up that MOD travel warrant from them?

I see it's not long until your PRMC. I wish you good luck for that mate, nervous?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
They actually (according to ninja I think) upped the PJFT to 3 miles to save the cost of a train ticket to lympstone.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They actually (according to ninja I think) upped the PJFT to 3 miles to save the cost of a train ticket to lympstone.

So basically what you are saying is that the PRMC either won't exist anymore or they just don't want so many failures on the PRMC because the 1.5miles is too easy but to pass a 3 miler on the tredmill will probably mean a better pass rate at PRMC.

Is that anything to do with what you mean?

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea mate bricking it , i did it 3 years ago and passed but left rt, at least i no what to expect but im anxious more than anything, just want to get it over and done with!!

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
So basically what you are saying is that the PRMC either won't exist anymore or they just don't want so many failures on the PRMC because the 1.5miles is too easy but to pass a 3 miler on the tredmill will probably mean a better pass rate at PRMC.

Is that anything to do with what you mean?

Last one you said.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea mate bricking it , i did it 3 years ago and passed but left rt, at least i no what to expect but im anxious more than anything, just want to get it over and done with!!

Why in the name did you leave recruit training? You would most likely have a green beret at home by now. But sometimes it's good to try out other things in life before, and then if they don't satisfy you then I'm sure the RM will.

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea mate i initially left through a girl + immaturity, *text deleted*, but now i have lived civvi life earning 700 a week but i hate it mate i just want back in.
also i feel with my age now i will cope with it better, my afco said i have probably done myself a favour!!

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That's good to hear Andy mate. Your earning a hell of a lot there too so you must be really hungry to be back into your training for the Marines if your looking to give up that sort of money.

Anyway, good luck for the 30th. I think if you've already passed a previous PRMC years ago, you'll know what to expect so you should pass.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Full credit to you, Andy, mate. As mentioned previously you must have a huge desire for it if your willing to give up a comfortable living to get back into it.

christomo

Reaction score
yea mate i initially left through a girl + immaturity, *text deleted*, but now i have lived civvi life earning 700 a week but i hate it mate i just want back in.
also i feel with my age now i will cope with it better, my afco said i have probably done myself a favour!!

700 a week :O :O

good money that mate, but spose happyness should come before money at the end of the day

New Threads