Training and Diet advice please

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In August i went for my medical and failed it because i have got spots she said but after been pi*text deleted*ed off initially for a few weeks started getting back into me routine which am playing with still.
Does any body on here follow a certain diet are just eat healthy as possible, im going to start doing a clean diet for a bit e.g just drinking water and clean my food up, then towards my medical hit the sun bed :*text deleted*: 8), but im going to go for it when i feel ready for the prmc so i can just do that then PJFT then straight for PRMC.
So basically i'm going to start doing about 2 months of intense ish training.

*text deleted* this i what i can do:
Push ups: 30
1.5mile: 10mins
Pull ups: 8
Sit ups: Duno :eek:ops: get it up tomorow

Going to get me self started a proper routine next monday starting, an im going to follow this http://www.100pushups.info/programe.html for push ups is this a good idea or not.

Opinions all apreciated if it be good or bad

Cheers Edd

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you failed the medical because you gto spots ?..... what kind of spots.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
edd91 said:
In August i went for my medical and failed it because i have got spots she said but after been pi*text deleted*ed off initially for a few weeks started getting back into me routine which am playing with still.
Does any body on here follow a certain diet are just eat healthy as possible, im going to start doing a clean diet for a bit e.g just drinking water and clean my food up, then towards my medical hit the sun bed :*text deleted*: 8), but im going to go for it when i feel ready for the prmc so i can just do that then PJFT then straight for PRMC.
So basically i'm going to start doing about 2 months of intense ish training.

*text deleted* this i what i can do:
Push ups: 30
1.5mile: 10mins
Pull ups: 8
Sit ups: Duno :eek:ops: get it up tomorow

Going to get me self started a proper routine next monday starting, an im going to follow this http://www.100pushups.info/programe.html for push ups is this a good idea or not.

Opinions all apreciated if it be good or bad

Cheers Edd
Hiya mate,

I eat roughly 5/6 times per day & aim to drink roughly 2/3lts of water as well, something along these lines ...

Breakfast- Large bowl of porridge/readybrekk mixed with dried fruit, a piece of fruit & glass of water
Mid morning snack - Fresh sandwich & bottle off water
Lunch - Chicken,beef or tuna salad, piece of fruit & a bottle of water
Mid afternoon snack - other half of the sandwich from the mid morning snack, fruit salad & bottle of water
Dinner - freshly made stir frys, pasta's, fresh fish dishes etc.
Evening snack - bowl of ceral.

Obviously like most i have my off days and fall a little by the wayside .... but then who doesnt

If you're to follow an intense training programme, as you say its important you EAT RIGHT & EAT CLEAN! That way your body is getting all the right nurients without all the crappy fats and other unwanted stuff.

" Eating clean" means, basically, eating the right kinds of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.

Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an important energy source for your body and your brain. Some are better than others. The Glycemic Index describes how quickly your body metabolizes foods into sugars. High G.I. foods turn into sugars quickly, causing an insulin spike. Low GI foods metabolize slowly. Try to keep your carbs lower than 75 GI. You can find the GI ratings here: http://diabetes.about.com/library/mendosagi/nmendosagi.htm, or http://www.glycemicindex.com, or various other sources.

Examples of Low GI Carbs:
Vegetables, Mixed Beans, Oatmeal, Bran, Whole Grain Breads, Whole Grains, Barley, Brown Rice, Low GI Fruits
Lowfat Milk, Lowfat Yogurt (note: while these dairy products have a low GI, they have a high Insulin Index (the reaction your body produces to the metabolizing of these products), so use in moderation)
White Rice (note: while having a higher GI, these have a low Insulin Index, so again, use in moderation)

High GI Carbs to Avoid:
White Bread (includes "wheat bread ( must say "whole wheat" or "whole grain") this means bagels, tortillas, pitas, and all other forms of bread
Potatoes (the worst - very high GI) (sweet potatoes are OK)
High GI fruits (watermelon, dates, raisins, ) and fruit juice - eat raw fruits instead (one glass of orange juice has over three oranges in it, without the benefits of the fiber in the raw orange)
Sugar and processed food with sugar or its many forms (high fructose corn syrup, cane sugar, molasses, etc)
Pastas (use in moderation, and never with saturated fats, e.g. fettucine alfredo)
Most breakfast cereals (stick to whole grain / bran cereals if you must eat cereals)

Note: There is a whole other subject, called "glycemic loads", describing the value of the entire item you are eating, that can be taken into consideration, but it is simply too extensive and undeveloped to go into at this time. Look into it yourself at http://www.mendosa.com (now http://diabetes.about.com/library/mendosagi/nmendosagi.htm) if you're interested.

Proteins: Eat lean proteins, low in saturated fats.
Examples of Good Protein Sources:
Lean Beef (90% lean ground beef, lean steak)
Chicken (particularly white meat)
Turkey (particularly white meat)
Lean pork (tenderloin, lean ham)
Lowfat dairy products, in moderation
Cottage cheese (highly recommended form of casein protein)
Whey protein
Fish, particularly tuna, salmon, and cod
Eggs, particularly egg whites (yolks in moderation)
Soy and soy products, while very good sources of protein, have also been shown in some studies to have potential for causing high estrogen levels and a possible potential for sexual dysfunction. I suggest using these in moderation until testing is completed and a conclusion has been reached. Caveat Emptor. (Many people eat soy with no ill effect)

Proteins to avoid:
Fatty meats (non-extra lean ground beef, fatty pork (bacon, ribs, etc)
Fatty dairy (whole milk, most cheese, ice cream)

Fats: Fats, which have been vilified, are an essential ingredient in our diet. Poly and monounsaturated fats must be included in your daily plan. A small amount of saturated fats are also needed. Minimize saturated fats, maximize monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Try to get good Essential Fatty Acids - Omega 3 and Omega 6's. No more than 1/3 of your fat calories should be saturated fats (if you are on a 40/30/30 plan, 10% of your calories may come from sat fats)

Examples of good fats:
Fish and fish oils - polyunsaturated, best source of Omega 3's - cold water fish tuna, salmon, cod
Flaxseed oil - some Omega 3, good Omega 6
Olive Oil - monounsaturated fat
Avocados - monounsaturated fat
Nuts - mono, poly, and omega 6s best are walnuts and almonds

Bad fats:
Saturated fats - from animal products (fatty beef, pork, milk, etc)
Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated fats (trans fatty acids) - Wicked Bad Stuff. (margarine and Crisco are trans fatty acids)
Most vegetable oil and corn oil - use Canola oil if you must use oil, and use in moderation - try not to cook in oil if you can avoid it. If you cook with oil, use an oil with the appropriate smoke point.

Water:
Water is a compound we can't do without for more than only a few days. The human body is about 60 to 75 percent water, and the brain is said to be about 85 percent water. Even bones are about 20 percent water. The body needs water. Nothing substitutes for water; coffee, tea, alcohol, are not the same as water.
Drink at least 2/3ltrs of water a day. Note: The more caffeine you drink, the more water you must drink. Caffeine is a diuretic and flushes water out of your system.

Vitamins and Minerals:
Vitamins and Minerals play a vital role in maintaining the proper biological functioning of everything from muscles to memory. Nutritionists will tell you that they are unnecessary if we consume a properly balanced diet, but few of us consume a "properly balanced diet". It is highly recommended to consume a good quality multivitamin/mineral supplement daily. It is very difficult to obtain protective levels of some nutrients solely from diet.

All off the above about nutrition & eating right mate you can find on sites like mens health (which is where i got all that info from) hope that hepls. Hopefully from that mate you can sort out an eating plan to go along with your training!

Hope this helps.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats pretty much how i eat too......but i alternate breakfast with eggs one day and then porridge the other

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys this all helps alot *text deleted* get me self a good meal routine set per day starting for next week, using these guides, and plan around work damn place, the only good about my work place is, is that its about 3-4 miles from home so i run from there twice a week :D, along with me other stuff

bkp130

Reaction score
what kinda spots did they reject you for?

thats a bit odd isnt it?

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just normal ones, i mean there clearing up now as i get older and are basically gone, its just that she said that when training in Dartmoor if i get a scratched im moor prone to infection but in my opinion is that if i get through training( sorry if i mean when i get through) i could go to the front line i mean, not like bullets hurt are owt :shock: :*text deleted*:

paddlequack

Reaction score
You lucky bastard! you said she!
as in she did the *cough* test with you??!!??!!
Why couldn't i get that? :(

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ahh, spots as in acne spots I assume. They seem pretty strict on that.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
O paddlequack you make it sound like it was some hot bird thats about 25 area ish, i wish, na to imagine the person women that i had you want to add about another 35 years on to that age :roll: but hey there is nothing wrong with a bit of experience :twisted:, but she only looked at them to make sure that they was in the right place or summet :? glad i dint have to do cough test :P 8) , i think thats why she failed me so she can see me again :*text deleted*: