Training before PRMC?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by joffy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. joffy

joffy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've recently been old enough to apply for the Royal Marines, I requested and got an application form in October. I've been practising the mock tests on verbal ability, reasoning, numeracy and mechanical comprehension, I've been doing well and I'm confident I got them in the bag. My main concern is training for PRMC, while being quite a physically fit lad I know that I'm not 100% fit enough for PRMC yet and I have a while till I attempt it so I want to make sure I'm on top of my game when doing PRMC. I know I have the potential to pass but I want to build my body up before attempting. My question is, what type of fitness plan should I do for myself and what should I mainly focus on exercising? It would be much a appreciated if I could get some useful tips and a regime. Cheers.

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. RF96

RF96 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'd recommend using Arny's plan, it's helped me a lot. It's on the training methods and nutrition section. Feeling a lot more confident for PRMC next month

• Like Like x 3
  3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

You have the PJFT to pass before you can attempt the PRMC, so you need to get into the gym and on the treadmill and make sure that you can pass that. Once that's done, look up @arny01's plan for the PRMC and that will set you on the right path.

Good luck

Alan

• Like Like x 4
  4. joffy

joffy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers guys!

• Like Like x 2
  5. joffy

joffy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm having trouble finding it, can I have some help if you know how to find it?

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/prmc-training-plan-by-arny01.85153/

I’ve just passed my PRMC, like you I researched lots before. My one golden bit of advice is;

-keep it simple

That’s it, train specific for what you have to do, no need to over complicate it with huge diet plans and weird and wonderful gym stuff. I didn’t step foot in a gym once apart from PJFT training a handful of times.

• Like Like x 6
  7. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Arny's plan is definitely the one!

• Like Like x 1
  8. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Congratulations!!