Training Diaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Please place your ideal training diary for the benefit of others....

harrygooner

Reaction score
I have noticed that on most RM fitness sites there are no programs for absolute begginers so i thought i could help a bit.

Monday: Run/Walk 30mins, run as much as you can walk to recover then run again, eventually only running.

Tuesday: Circuit: Warm up jog, Stretch.

4 Sets: 10 x Tricep Press-Ups
3 x Overarm Pull ups
20 x Crunches ( feet under chair if needed)
10 x Burpees ( the greatest of all exercises )
15 x Bodyweight squats

Wednesday: Rest Day

Thursday: Run as Monday.

Friday: as Tuesday

Saturday: Go swimming, 30 mins breaststroke.

Sunday: Rest day.

-Every 2 weeks try to add: 5 Pressups per set
1 Pull up per set
5 Crunches per set
5 Burpees
5 Bodyweight squats

As your running/ Cardio becomes better try to add a running session to go along with a circuit, or maybe to a 3 mile timed run on a Sunday, aim to beat 22 mins. Any complete begginner can do this, with the gradual progression you can become a much fitter person.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate, how long you been training? This is the royal marines training guide aint it? (Well some of it is)

harrygooner

Reaction score
I dont actually use this, just read the thread and realised no one had anything for begginers everything seems to start with do 30 press ups run 3 miles, begginers cant possible do this so i thought write an easy program that can be a base for begginers, but yes a lost of this is from RM sites just with less reps/distance and not to many exercises at first as that must put unfit people off reading run 3 miles, do 30 pressups when they can barely run 1mile or do 10 pressups. I think this is a good place to start.

I personally do bodyweights ie chins, pull ups hindu pressups, burpees etc, deadlifts squats, kettlebell workouts and 1 day rowing 1 day running.

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I see the point of this thread as more to log your individual sessions, or start a full training diary. They get very motivational and it's good to see improvements in black and white

harrygooner

Reaction score
but it says ideal training to benefit others, i think it will benefit an absolute begginer instead of someone saying i done 90 press ups the 100 crunches followed by a 10 mile run.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
The blog system is now active again, it is especially for this type of subject. You can log your training regimes and see regimes of others.

The blog system is accesible via the left handside of the lower nav bar above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Training Diaries General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 11
Pink Peony Schedule/Training Diaries Parents & Partners 4
Saracens1 Training Diaries Parents & Partners 12