Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Training diary for Capita

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by BillyTheKid, Feb 22, 2019.

1. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all, I was cleared by my GP early this month that shin splints have recovered and I can start training again.

Capita have also asked for a 3 month training diary, when I spoke to my AFCO they were fairly vague on how much detail should be in the diary.

At the moment it is the date, summary of training and whether I felt any pain.

Does anyone have any experience in regards to how much detail should be in the diary? Eg reps, sets, weight etc

2. Pedders

Pedders New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    When i had to keep a training diary i basically made a spreadsheet including everydays training. reps of press ups, sit ups pull ups. Distance of runs and time i ran them in. my circuits and what they included. I wear a Garmin watch so i attached a screenshot of my running data too each page just to prove my run times and distances were accurate. It basically just showed clearly that over the 12 weeks my training was progressive and that my stats where improving. I never had any issues with my training diary from capita or my afco and it seemed enough to help my medical appeal so maybe stick to something along those lines mate. And if you can support your running data with a screenshot of a running app or data of a running watch then i think it just helps prove your diarys accurate. Hope this helps mate, but I'm sure someone like @Ninja_Stoker will help give you a more accurate idea of what theyll be looking for. All the best with the training mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  3. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers that's what I was looking for, thank you for your time

4. Hoofin

Hoofin Commando Officer

You essentially have to demonstrate that you are able to do training to a standard of "military training and intensity". Whilst that is vague, you need to be able to show that you are able to do the distances and frequency that means you will not be made NFA when you attend.

If you had upper limb problems then people would be more interested in your ability to do upper limb activities than running, and the opposite if you had lower limb problems.

5. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    That's great, thanks.

I've added screenshots of my runs tracked on a GPS app and added reps and sets in to the diary too.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Also covered in a similarly titled thread:

7. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Saw that after I posted and couldn't work out how to delete Haha thanks again