Training for PJFT

SR

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering what people think is the best way to get times down for the new PJFT.

I can do the 1st one easily coming in at 12.28 then have the minute rest and can only get to about 8mins then have to pop the speed down.

I've been setting the treadmill at 11.5kmph for 2 mins then to 15kmph for 30 secs. I do that 5 times without stopping, do this 4 times a week. Also a steady long run one day. I've read training like this is a good way to get the time down.

My pressups are 48 in 2 mins and sit ups 64 in 2 mins pull ups 3 ( still working on them )

So if anyone has any tips to get my time down that would be great.

Cheers.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im noo expert and my fitness is average and im currently trying to buildmy runs for endurance and pjft, what i did was first was spend about a week doing just 1 milers and when *text deleted* comfortable for the next 2/3weeks do loads of 1.5milers and keep doing it till *text deleted* comfortable and getting good times and then week after that do some 2 milers, week after do 2.5milers an week after than do 3milers!! etc etc Good luck!

encn

Reaction score
I just passed the old one in 8:46 (I'm guessing you'll be doing the new one), Basically I made sure that 2-3 times a week the '15mins CV' after circuit training was a mock PJFT on the treadmill - so you've done it tons of times before you do it for real and can see your time comming down. Then in the evenings I would go for my run, at least once a week I would do interval (fartlek) training over 2miles cross country - I think intervals (sprint a minute, jog a minute, sprint a minute, etc.) is the best way of getting your time down, but you need to remember your rest days to let the muscles you need in your calves/quads to recover and grow.

Good luck mate

SR

Reaction score
Cheers fellas.

Next week im going to change the 11kmph to 12kmph then the next week to 13kmph and so on. Hoepfully should see the results.

Also when you guys go on a 3-4mile run what pace do you set it on the treadmill ?

Also well done on passing mate.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just keep going mate, least your practising on a treadmill, was my downfall haha

It'll get better everytime you do it - just make sure you have ample time and practise and you'll be fine. Just dont slip :wink: