Training for PRMC...need help!

johnyt008

Reaction score
Hey,
I just needed a few questions answerin abwt trainin to make sure im doing enuff redy for PRMC. When is the best time to strt trainin for PRMC? At the moment i want to apply at the beggining ov 2009 but i *text deleted* no if i wil b redy? So dus any1 hav any tips for me and a good and efficent trainin routine :smile:
Ive always had an average fitness and ive strted runnin in the pat 3 weeks at around 2 miles which i complete in under 14 mins. I *text deleted* hav a clue if tht gd at this stage so any1 hav any tips?
Thanks

daz665

Reaction score
That sounds like more than enough time. If you started training now you would be in excellent shape by next October! There's plenty of fitness schedules on these forums but I reckon try and follow the RM one (you can find it on the official RM website). Essentially just focus on running, press ups, sits ups and pull ups. Make sure you're doing the exercises properly and having a couple of rest days.

I would advise that you go to your local AFCO asap though. Even if it is your intention to join in over a year it's good to go and have a chat with the Royal Marine's there. You could begin the application and just let them know when you're thinking of joining. That way, if there was any delays it wouldn't affect you much.

johnyt008

Reaction score
So if i started now...and i started doin 3 mile runs everyday around 4-5 times a week and did circuit training everyday. Wud i b redy to apply january time next year and PRMC in march?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
id say you would be ready, but id say get down the afco and get all the paperwork out the way now, the application itself, your references the security papers and the eye test etc, because you might aswell get all that out of the way then by then if your not ready for your PJFT then you can wait untill you are. they wont proceed with the next stage unless you tell them you are ready so you might aswell apply now.

johnyt008

Reaction score
Cheers *text deleted*
I was just unsure wether id b redy..so i gess il b applyin soon :D

danny12

Reaction score
i would start training now mate. it's *text deleted* take you a good year to be properly ready physically and mentally.
Thats some good advice - get paperwork out the way.
I'm joining about this time next year mate- where abouts in lincolnshire do you live??
Focus mainly on your running and body weight exercises, but i wud also put in some weights just to build up your strength.

johnyt008

Reaction score
Yeh ive started but now i realy *text deleted* go for it
And i liv near grimsby u?

C

critchmufc

its never to soon to start training, i wish i started before i handed my application in because that was like 9weeks ago and i could be prmc standard now , even though i can only go on it in a few wee anyway, i will be ready but id rather have been ready for it now so i can maintain rather than build if you know what i mean

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got 6 weeks to go and am only like two thirds of the way there! But the corporal says its more than enough time.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I don't it's ever too early to start training if your heart is set on it and you have that desire and determination. So all I can say is just go for it, mate! (=

danny12

Reaction score
i live just outside of lincoln. Was curious thats all :P.