Training on holiday.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Another question lads.

Im going on holiday next Thursday for 2 weeks to Austria to see the other half of my family but what am I going to do about working out *text deleted*. i can still go on morning/evening runs but I dont know if I will be able to fit in circuits and the last thing is I bought creatine about 9 weeks ago and have 2 weeks of it left and you strictly have to keep taking it and cant stop but whats the point in taking it if Im not properly working out.

What should I do *text deleted*?

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well definately get your runs in, and try and do at least a short circuit every few days, or at least press ups, situps etc before you go to bed.
I wouldnt worry too much about the creatine, as it isnt essential to take it to get good results, and you dont want to bulk up for the marines anyway, and if your not training much its probably not worth taking it anyway, 7 weeks of taking it is enough im sure.
Just wondering, what results have you got from it? When i took it i noticed quicker muscle growth, but as soon as i stopped, it went away, and the muscle growth didnt make a lot of difference to strength really.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well keep the running up,
and try and do a circuit every couple of days,
and do things like press ups, sit ups, tricep dips and pull ups in the mornings/on a night,
and that should do.

Joe

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well definately get your runs in, and try and do at least a short circuit every few days, or at least press ups, situps etc before you go to bed.
Bugger,
you got to it before me.

Joe

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much about the creatine, as it isnt essential to take it to get good results, and you dont want to bulk up for the marines anyway, and if your not training much its probably not worth taking it anyway, 7 weeks of taking it is enough im sure.
Just wondering, what results have you got from it? When i took it i noticed quicker muscle growth, but as soon as i stopped, it went away, and the muscle growth didnt make a lot of difference to strength really.

yeah the creatine has worked amazingly, i used to be quite skinny and weighed only 9 1/2 stone and now im big built, my muscles even show when im relaxed (not tensing) and i weigh just over 11 stone. no fat just more muscle weight.
Its also increased my strength quicker. Im gona start taking Whey Protein shakes as some of the lads have said its good and keep training hard and the muscle gained should not wear off but yeah the creatine has worked really well.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
body weight circuits should only take half hour or so so just stick to them and running. you're only supposed to take creatine for a max of three months anyway, this two week break will give you a chance to see what's true muscle and what's creatine bulk

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
body weight circuits should only take half hour or so so just stick to them and running. you're only supposed to take creatine for a max of three months anyway, this two week break will give you a chance to see what's true muscle and what's creatine bulk
yeah ano but the creatine is just a booster and has increased my strength faster. All it does is add water into your muscles but other than that its allready tru muscle but yeah i see what you mean and Im not getting it again as I wont have it in RT. As I said i only tried it as a booster *text deleted*.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bugger,
you got to it before me.
Only just *text deleted*, very similar answers aswell.

Im gona start taking Whey Protein shakes as some of the lads have said its good and keep training hard and the muscle gained should not wear off but yeah the creatine has worked really well.
ITs good the creatine has worked for you, but as other people have said, some of the bulk is just creatine bulk and will go, but it terms of weight gain then thats great that you've got a bit heavier. I find whey protein to be good, but usually just for quick muscle repair after hard sessions, not so much for building muscle, i just use the protein bars instead of powder.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When i took it i noticed quicker muscle growth, but as soon as i stopped, it went away, and the muscle growth didnt make a lot of difference to strength really.
i think thats just water bound to your muscles :p

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I love training on holiday, running along beaches, training using the sea as extra resistance, finding new runs, getting used to the new climate etc. I know you're not going to a typical beach holiday though, so you may aswell stay as close to your normal routine as possible, only missing something out if you really have to, and then use that as motivation at your next sesh to say "ok I missed the last one so I'm *text deleted* kill myself this time" *text deleted*. Also yeah do as many pushups and situps as you can before bed and pullups if there's anything to do them on, but remember to chill for a bit before bed because you won't be able to sleep if you're still buzzing =)

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people usually go on holiday to relax and have fun *text deleted*. I have heard of a technique called overtraining. Basically before you go on holiday you train extra hard and maybe add an extra training day to cover the time you will have off.

But maybe at least rest the first week and go back to training second week.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Overtraining is killing yourself, means training too hard, causing yourself injury, lack of sleep, tiredness, etc. The technique your thinking off is probabaly called something different, but it doesnt sound too good so id be wary of it. Dont overtrain!

Its more worth just doing what you can on holiday, not eating/drinking too much *text deleted**text deleted*, and then pushing yourself to the limit (although not overtraining) when you get back. Dont stress too much about it.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha yeh the holiday thing is hard. Im currenty in Florida, have been past 6 days. Prob with food here is you get massive portions and its so unhealthy. Have been eating out twice a day and snacking, drinking, been swimming as much as possible, luckily have a swimming pool, brought out my skipping rope too, plus try to bang out press ups and dips whenever possible ahh but just *text deleted* sit in the sun and be a lazy red neck!

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I go on holiday for 2 weeks and I come back on the 31st august. I then start RT on 15th sept *text deleted*.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
man y dont you just relax for 2 weeks!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean overtraining in the sense you are thinking of, with crazy amounts of time spent on training and damaging yourself. I just mean maybe add one extra training session into your week, and maybe push yourself harder than usual to ensure that you do not loss too much from being on holiday.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Fair enough. Best advice though is just train when you can (beast yourself, even just for 15mins), but enjoy the holiday.

J

Jason_A

No training for me when I am on holiday. An holiday is for fun, relaxation, ect. If you really want to train while on holiday, then 'maintain' what you are now. Just light exercises, nothing too major, tho'.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your circuits wont be a problem! just change it a bit from what you usually do. do a circuit with just press ups, sit ups pull ups ect but also do things like crunches and half sits. if you can find some heavy objects that are about the same size and weight as you use at home then use them for whatever you can. it all helps mate!