Training over Christmas

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well guys, christmas is all but upon us now! :D So whats everyone doing training wise over the festive period??

Anyone taking a break over the hols, reducing the amount of training sessions or simply carrying on as normal??

Think im just *text deleted* reduce the amount of training sessions :wink:

will

Reaction score
am off on mi hols t morrow but i should be carryin on with my training hopefully

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im actually training in the gym on xmas day.

my bro has the keys to local gym so im giving it the full beans :)

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My gym is closed over christmas and circuit classes are off for 2 weeks so I'm going to have to keep myself fit with running.

I'll still be doing things on christmas day and I don't intend to rest. Got my PRMC in January so I can't afford to take it easy.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It could be worse guys- have a thought for those that only joined-up this month. They'll be home for two weeks, then have to go straight back in at week 2 or 3 fitness - guarantee they won't feel like getting back on the train initially- it takes a lot of will power to remain focussed.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Training

Guys, even us former marines are a little disgruntled at the change in training schedule over the christmas period. My last training session before the holidays is Sunday and then it will be Thursday after Christmas to clear the cob webs away from Christmas and Boxing day.

When I served in the Corps, I used to take Christmas Day and Boxing day off, New Years day. The days over the holidays when I went running, I reduced the distances and ran at a less urgent pace. I still drank most nights, as you do. I guess it was my way of enjoying the holidays and winding down.

Some bootnecks in my troop didn't do any training over the holiday period and only drank lots of ale. That became apparent on the first day back after leave when we went for our first run. However, that said, those who suffered during the run, threw up on the move and no matter how painful they found it, they didn't fall back or slacken off the pace.

That's bootnecks for you :eek:ops: :D 8)

Also: Ninja: I agree with you about getting back on the train. I recall having butterfly's in my stomach when I used to return from leave to CTC and also a deep feeling of dredd. However, after a day or so, it all disappeared. *text deleted* :D

Cheers

Steve

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so what did you guys end up doing ? I just had two days off and going to beast myself today

robj

Reaction score
i havent been training properly for about a week now. i feel kinda guilty for it but in honesty my body needed the rest. I did my prmc on the 11th - 14th of this month so a bit of a rest was my little treat *text deleted* :eek:ops:
having said that i did decide to go up tryfan (local mountain) on xmas day then yomp the 6 miles back home :P

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I will be honest......Ive done nowt for the last 2 weeks :eek:ops:

Got 6 weeks till PRMC,thought I would have one last blow out on booze and food before 6 weeks of no booze and 'healthy' food.

Dont think I could go through Cristmas without indulging!

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the thought ninja stoker :D *text deleted* jus started RT on the 10th December and *text deleted* go back to thrashings twice a day!! but got a buffer week so all im *text deleted* b doin is phys, drill and weapons....apparently thats hoofin but means 33wks trainin instead of 32...happy days!

SoM

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
State of Mind said:
cheers for the thought ninja stoker :D *text deleted* jus started RT on the 10th December and *text deleted* go back to thrashings twice a day!!
Always happy to assist with morale :*text deleted*:

Rather you than I, but the very best of luck to all returning to CTC on Sunday- remember what's at the end of it guys.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else found that there run times and upper boddy strength scores werent as good as usual?
Even though i cut down on alcohol I was still eating loads and i found that my performances werent as good.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Rob said:
Anyone else found that there run times and upper boddy strength scores werent as good as usual?
Even though i cut down on alcohol I was still eating loads and i found that my performances werent as good.
not really...my times kind were better...but by about 5 secs of so.

dint drink a drop...but put on about 4 pounds through eating...but its dropped off now..

but there was motivation issue i can tel you *text deleted*