Training Partner! 10x better

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have just started to train with a friend of mine, he is at uni and wants to become a fitness instructer. We train every Thursday and Sataday, and we both agreed that the session we had on Thursday was extreamly hard but i gained alot.
I managed to scrape 52 seconds off my 3 mile run becauce he kept on pushing me, and as soon as we got back we was doing circuit training.
I have just got two questions tho, I told him i have problems after a run with my calfs they keep tightening up! he gave me some heat cream, i just wanted to no if anyone has used it and benefitted from it? all it does is warm my leggs up..
My second question is for anybody who does circuit training. I diddnt ask him which i should but what is the safest way i should do it?
Im new to it and just wanted to no how long i do each exercise for and for how long the session should last.
Any help would be great!
*text deleted*.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think it heats up the area making your blood go to it more and therefore making it recover quicker. I'm not a doctor or anything though so maybe someone else will say I'm wrong. It's always been good for me, just make sure you wash your hands straight after, don't want it ended up on your eyes or balls now do you =)

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* for the info mate, the heat cream is taking its tole but i still might go and see a physio just to be on the safe side.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, i may try heat cream never thought of it!
It does indeed allow more blood to go to the areas where cream has been applied.
Tight calves could be loads of reasons, make sure you are wearing decent trainers first off i would say.
I get tight calves but thats because i have flat feet an not got insoles yet but thats just me. Set of decent trainers should sort you out if not trip to the doctors.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds stupid but first thing you should do is make sure your stretching properly.