Training programme

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I've followed one before,
but I found I just ended up doing what was written down,
and it didn't feel like I was pushing myself hard enough,
so at the moment I decide what exercise I'm going to do either a day in advance or on that day,
I change things so I don't do the same exercise every week on the same day,
depending on what I have done before and whether a part of me is heading towards an injury.

Is this the best way to do things?
or should I make another programme to follow?

Also I hear at PRMC/interview you need to talk about what training you have been doing,
would an unstructured approach like this be frowned upon?

Cheers,
Joe.

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I would just follow a programme because then you can see how much you have progressed. *text deleted* just started one and it seems to be going good so I would do a training programme but it's completely up to you.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
To be honest I would just follow a programme because then you can see how much you have progressed. *text deleted* just started one and it seems to be going good so I would do a training programme but it's completely up to you.

Cheers,
I might make a 2 week one,
and see how it is and whether to carry on with it.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright mate,
I don't follow any set routines, as i like to vary my training as much as possible. I just do some different excercise each day depending on what i want to work on, maybe sprinting or the odd heavy weights session, but at the same time keep up a regular cycle on the press-ups and things like that.
Fill in the blank evenings with a swim or bike ride for the hell of it.