Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Training Questions

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Slackkers, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Slackkers

Slackkers New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi
    i have a few questions about fitness, ive never been good at running, or cardio and i am slightly knock-kneed, is it still possible to reach Royal marines fitness standards if this is the case?
    Also how long should i be preparing? and how young should i start? 6 weeks is the minimum suggested but what is the optimum?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes. But if you start with a defeatist approach to running and CV exercise on the premise that you've "never been good" at it you are on the wrong trajectory. Get your running shoes on and hit the road. Your performance will improve. Plenty of resources on this forum and training advice from others better qualified than I to assist you.

Everyone's body geometry varies. I don't know the medical standards for entry but I'll wager that the Royal Marines has its fair share of 'pigeon toes', 'knock knees' and flat feet. :)
    best of luck.

3. westy

westy Well-Known Member

There’s plenty of free 0-5km programmes knocking around on the internet which if your running is that bad, will start you off!!

4. Slackkers

Slackkers New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    cheers for the advice, i'm *text deleted* training properly once my GCSE's are done

5. Squatmonkey

Squatmonkey Royal Marines Commando

Just start now there’s no need to knock it back, less is better than nothing and you can achieve plenty with only 30 minute training sessions and it will set you up for the future

6. Slackkers

Slackkers New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm doing short triang sessions like that now, by proper i mean the royal marines training guide

• Like Like x 1