Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Training Regime

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Corona, Aug 14, 2018.

1. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I had scars on my toes that don't effect on me in any way what so ever bootneck mate can't get his head round my pmu, paras are happy to have me

2. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    All this medical stuff has made me worried.
    Ah right thanks, eating seems to be a right pain in the ass with what not to and what to eat. The amount of different opinions about what is right and isnt can get confusing.

3. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Day | Morning #1 |Morning #2 |Afternoon #1
    Monday
    |Arms Weights | Running tempo 30 min |Circuit P
    Tuesday |Core Weights | Swimming 30 min |Circuit B
    Wednesday |Running - Bleep test |Or Intervals Running - |Bleep test
    Thursday | Leg Weights | Rest |Circuit P
    Friday |Whole body Weights |Swimming 30 min |Circuit B
    Saturday |Running 8-10 Miles Or 60 mins |Chest Weights
    Sunday --Rest--
    Seems to be the one I'll go with for now based on what advice has been given. Thanks for the help!
    Edit - Apologies for the horrific format

4. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Too add to this Biceps play a huge part on the Rope

• Like Like x 1
  5. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Disagree with this slightly. The biceps do play a small role but it is a whole body movement, you shouldn't be using much of your bicep to go up the rope. The reason for this is when your going up the rope with webbing and rifle up (+15kg?) and down 3 times in a row you wont be able to do this on bicep strength. The emphasises of the movement/technique should be from your legs and hips. When you are in your hold position (forgotten what it was called) up the rope, your using tendon strength over muscular strength to keep you up there.

When we started learning ropes in recruit training, alot of the lads got tendonitis from climbing the rope as we were using arms instead of legs. I had big arms and could get up there once but not the 3 times and my arms used to burn immensely yet on the rope next me there was skinny 65kg /70kg guy who could just fly up and down.

6. Geespt

Geespt Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I agree that you shouldn't be using too much arm strength while climbing a rope, your legs should do the work to drive you up the rope.

Don't write off bicep training altogether, sensible training (not lifting too heavy) can help strengthen your tendons and ligaments. Frequent resistance training can help increase the strength of tendons and ligaments by around 20%.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Curls for the girls braa! haha yeh it does have its place as a secondary/third exercises. Do you have a RT date yet?

8. Geespt

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah start on September 17th!

9. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    good luck mate! My own advice alongside the usual ironing, a4 etc.. would be to work on 800 metre sprints to simulate camp circuits, they are disgusting! try aim to hit 800 metres in less than 3:00 x 3, ideally If you can hit in 2:30 you should be good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  10. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

yes, but he is saying he is doing circuit training in the evening as well as the bicep workout or whatever, so thats not giving much time for rest

11. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I'm sure arny made a post prmc training plan, I think that'd be ideal to follow

• Like Like x 1
  12. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    This stuff is to try and get me to prmc level, as I'll be applying around this time next year.

13. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You have that regime and you're not applying until this time next year? That us way over board in my opinion, that's a fitness plan of someone who has their PRMC in a month or two not a year.

If you are doing that much training also, 500kal extra is not enough at all. Impossible to say exactly what you require but I'd bet its more than you think.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm aiming to finish sixth form first with best grades possible so that might mean around jan-june my fitness may decline a little. Should I be going for 1000kcal extra? Although it gets to a point where it might get too costly. I'm looking to try and get the very highest possible scores with the fitness tests so I can definitely make the grade and get into recruit training, hence the apparent overboard nature of the regime. Thanks for the help with the calories hadn't thought about that.

15. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  16. Geespt

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Calories are a real ball ache to work out! Made even harder by the fact that depending on age and weight Etc. everyone burns calories at a different rate... I’d say you defo need to have a good balanced diet! Theres nothing better than a balanced diet!

However if you’re too heavy, cut out some calories, if you’re too light, add some calories and if you’re just right, keep doing what you’ve been doing!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The problem I've always seemed to have is being too light. You're painfully right, it is bloody hard to get it right. *text deleted* try and find an app or something that helps, because at the moment I'm basing it off my own basic calculations which haven't taken into account either age or weight, let alone anything else.

18. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Have you tried using My Fitness Pal app to track your calories? Not for it's calculations for how much to have though, as it isn't good at that.
    My son is your age and in the joining process. He has cooked breakfast, extra chicken and carbs. Extra fruit and veg too and lots of water!
    Carbs before workout and protein after. Good luck if you're getting your results tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    You could try a TDEE calculator to work out how many calories you burn too.

20. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Luckily my exams this year were only mocks, got the real things next year (no longer do AS exams, only A levels). I'll take a look at the app thanks and that sounds like one helluva breakfast