Training Regime

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Corona, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Yes that would be a big breakfast and horrible!! Good luck with it all

• Like Like x 1
  2. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    My knowledge is only of that from people I know who’ve been in RT and that of Ross Edgley who did the worlds longest rope climb (8848m plus). Individuality plays a big part with anything though, i guess some more than others will feel there biceps taking most of the load where as others it’s elsewhere.

• Seen Seen x 1
  3. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not going too well at the moment, shin splints first and now anytime I workout using my arms my right wrist feels horrific after each exercise.

4. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i have had those issues too a while back, just got to rest the wrist a little or go light with weights (i assume weights is causing it), with the shin splints, rest a bit, try swimming, cycling or rowing for the lower impact, foam roll, ice etc etc.

5. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    will do, just sucks because of how much progress i managed to make with it all goddamn

6. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    without a doubt it sucks but it is what it is just as long as you go about it right you wont be out long and wont lose any fitness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks, trying to find some wrist strengthening exercises to help as I think its a mixture of overtraining and weak wrist.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nathan100101

Nathan100101 Member

Would probably swap some weignt sessions for circuits that get the high rate up so include burpees, sprints, crawls, lunges.

If youre going to do weights you will be surprised how well your body will respond to more natural movements such as dips, pulls ups, squats and dealifts. Add more weight gradually will benifit you more than an arm or chest day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Think my shin splints are finally gone, and wrists seem to be healing gradually (although they were dead after work on sunday which was worrying) so I need to start building my running up but from what I read I need to do this very gradually in order to not become injured again? My plan so far has changed a bit, I'll follow the same (adapted) fitness regime until the end of sixth form (June this year) then from then hopefully I will at least have passed my PJFT and then I'll follow Arnys plan.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Was wrong, off to the physio next week to try and get them sorted.
    *text deleted*.

11. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    do you stretch and foam roll?

12. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I did a lot of stretches for ages however not foam rolling quite so much as I only did that at the gym itself. I used a resistance band a lot of the time for the stretches, but then I had a break to see if they just needed rest and that was when they felt like they were going away the most which was weird. I continued with the break for about 2 weeks and after one of my circuits noticed I hadn't felt them during my warm up and did a slow, gentle jog around the field and they were fine.
    Fast forward a day or so and the pain comes back in earnest with pain in the front of both shins throughout the day (continued each day forward) and then when I walk to and from school the back of my calves get super tight and burn a ton.
    Sorry for the huge reply from such a small question just thought I'd include everything.

13. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Give your calves a good foam roll & do plenty of stretches for them, I found most of my shin pain came from overly tight calves. Also have a look at the thread on here for shin splints it goes into good depth.

14. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  15. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    No worries mate, as said try foam rolling before stretching it helps a *text deleted* tonne if you do it atleast 3 times a day

• Like Like x 1
  16. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks a lot I'll buy one now as I was only really doing the foam rolling like 5 times a week in comparison to the stretches.
    Will do now, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Good man, i had similar issues a while back and everytime i started running again it came back so i went physio and he just said it was tight calf muscles so foam roll and stretch, i also had a change in insoles amd had to ease in massively but I'm back to running good now.

18. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ah thanks a lot will definitely invest in a foam roller now

19. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I think I've been doing something/alot wrong.

I've been training now since I put this thread up, and would say I am at the intensity of about 80% of this plan, minus the running (even with trying everything my shins are still taking ages to heal) yet I'm not seeing much progression.
    For example I've been doing a circuit (represented by circuit 'P' on the training plan I made and posted) consisting of push ups, pull ups and sit ups: (See highlighted print screen)

upload_2018-12-9_20-3-3.png
    With regards to the push ups I am struggling quite heavily every time I do this circuit and at times it feels like they're getting harder. The 400m run I haven't done since I got 'injured' and the burpees I will admit I completely forgot about for the last 3 weeks until I took this screenshot.

I'm not sure if perhaps I'm aiming to high or whats happening. It could be rest related as I had a week with only 2 circuits (with a few weight sessions) due to having so much homework, and when I did that circuit the second time I managed it without dying during the push ups.
    I don't believe it is strength related as after what Arny said I checked my 1 rep max on the chest press and it is a little high than 3/4 my bodyweight.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get a few more opinions.

20. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

A decent bench press is your body weight. If it’s lower than that. Your issue is strength related.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1