Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Training Regime

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Corona, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Seems I'm pretty damn weak in the upper body. Thanks for finding what was wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Should be easily fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Implementing some chest (Chest push ups, dips, chest press and what I think is called the chest butterfly) sessions and shoulder (mix of dumbbell exercises) sessions into the mix. Dropped these originally but now I can see why they are definitely.

Put them in for once a week each (as I'll still be doing the circuits which should still build strength I hope?).

That should help with the strength related issue.

4. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    upload_2018-12-10_21-1-37.png
    This is what the current (up until I leave sixth form) weekly plan looks like. One major concern is theres not enough rest in there but would this intensity best prepare me for PRMC, RT etc?

5. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I don't want to speak out of term here as I'm not trained to do so but is this a little too much? Have you passed your PJFT yet.

You don't want to destroy yourself before even starting mate. Train specific. Get your 2.4 down to a tidy score and chuck hill sprints in once a week with a circuit. Once you have nailed the PJFT then focus on the PRMC/RT.

The guys that have been there and done it will hopefully clarify but I was doing EXACTLY the same as you and training for the hardest point thinking I'll smash the rest but it doesn't work that way. Credit where credit is due mate. Your a young gun and the training you are doing now will be phenomenal when you proceed but my advise......Train specific for your next task......don't jump the gun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks I'll tone it down a bit as I definitely don't want to end up screwing up my chances before I even get to the first hurdle

Realistically I'm still at least 8 months away from getting a PJFT as I'm finishing a levels in July and will hopefully be going travelling with friends for a small period of time before applying (although I might cut the traveling out as I really just want to start the application process asap).

I did have the PJFT down to around 9:40 before I had to stop and seeing as I havent been able to go running since August I'm sceptical I'll be anywhere near that.

Thanks for the sound advice.

7. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The PRMC program I done at half volume, with a PFJT substituted for the BFT will suit your needs. After you’ve passed PJFT. Then increase volume. When you get to full volume do for 12 weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'll get down to that immediately. Printed it off a while ago and used https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/prmc-training-plan-by-arny01.85153/ thread to make some notes.
    Thanks a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thought I'd post my stats on here to track my progress a little better. Did my first fitness test tonight (minus bleep test due to physio advising against it until my shins are working solid, instead did 3000m row) of first push ups, sit ups and then pull ups. The rest inbetween was moving from flat grass to the fence for my feet to the pull up bar. All conducted to the audio test beep.

Push ups: 39
    Sit ups: 50
    Pull ups: 7

Overall, I'm disappointed to say the least, especially with the sit ups. I did however, take a 2-3 week 'break' from lots of phys as I was concentrating so much on my exams, although now I think I will have to make a choice between A's, and getting into the marines ASAP with top scores once I leave school.

10. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Concentrate on getting your A’s mate the marines aren’t going anywhere your young you have plenty of time to train keep doing your press ups sit ups pull up they aren’t bad scores at all keep yourself ticking over with the rowing don’t make a choice between them your exams are more important right now, you will look a lot better when you visit your afco with good results than saying you chose to join the marines instead mate good luck