Training routine Advice

Mark_Cox

Reaction score
This is my training routine I do this MON - FRI. 5 days a week I wanted to see what people thought whether it was good/bad etc.

Morning - 1 mile run (eventualy get up to 5 miles a day).

Afternoon - Warm-Up + Stretches = 5 minutes.
Shadow Boxing = 3 minutes.
Sit-Ups = 1st Set 30, 2nd Set 40, 3rd Set 30.
Squats = 1st Set 20, 2nd Set 25, 3rd Set 20.
Press-Ups = 1st Set 10, 2nd Set 15, 3rd Set 10.
Lunges = 1st Set 40, 2nd Set 50, 3rd Set 40.
Triceps Dips = 1st Set 20, 2nd Set 25, 3rd Set 20.
Pull-Ups = As many as I can do on the day.
Cool down + Stretches = 5 minutes.

I just wanted 2 see what u thought of it whether it is good enough for the PRMC or not.

Mat

Reaction score
Its not bad but if I were you id aim to drop running the shorter distance so often so do 1.5 miles or so 3 times a week and add in a long distance run, im certainly no expert on the subject but running longer for endurance will benefit you when asked to do the 3 miler and later in RT if you get there.

Currently im running two or three times in the week for a distance of around 3-5 miles then on the weekends I run twice for an hour each time alternating between a slow pace and sprinting.

What are your current max scores for Press ups etc? im guessing fairly low since your doing sets of 10 and 15. I would personally add a few more sets in if you can only do low reps... I used to always try and ensure I broke the 100 mark for press ups even when I couldnt do more than 20 in a go. Just persist with them till you crack it.

Also I would make your afternoon routine more of a circuit if you could, or even just up the intensity. I found doing 3-6 pull ups after each exercise improved my overall strength, flexibility and got my body used to doing things straight after the other.

Mark_Cox

Reaction score
my max reps

i have only just strated so most of my max reps are low:
Sit-Ups - 60
Press-Ups - about 15
Pull-Ups - 2