Training Routine

jamesward

Reaction score
My training routine origanally start 3 years ago, when I started training in Ninjutsu. I'm not going to post the last 3 years worth of training routines so lets just say you need a moderate level of running fitness to avoid injury.

To get my 3 mile time down I run 4 miles with 7.5kg in a backpack, and after 2 miles i stop at a hill and run up it 3 times and do 20 press ups at the top. Once finished I run as fast as i can back the way. I run flat out on the treadmill for 10mins aswell as 10mins flatout on the crosstrainer when i go to the gym.
Basically

Monday- Gym
Tuesday- Run,Press ups, Pull ups, Sit ups
Wednesday- Gym
Thursday-Run, Press ups, Pull ups, Sit ups
Friday- Gym
Saturday- Run, Press ups, Pull ups, Sit up
Sunday - Rest

At the gym i usually work towards endurance rather than huge muscles *text deleted* i think there useless if u cant lift your own body weight. I normally do 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps per muslce group, twice. On the second round after the 3rd set I lower the wieght by 10 kg and do as many reps as i can. it usually takes me up to 2 hrs to complete. i finish of with an hour swim.

When doing press ups I wear 5 kg and do 3 sets of 30, and for pull ups 3 sets of 6. With out weight I do a count down from 50 to 10 with 8 pull ups between each set.

Thats basically how i train. I 'up' it as i progress obvouisly. I hope it helps others in training as its helped me. Any questions, just ask.

good luck guys

Leedham

Reaction score
You are a machine mate! *text deleted*... Wish i could manage that lot!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell thats a lot, probably could try doing that, obviously i would have to decrease the pull ups, but looks hard.

my programme currently consists of a 8 day week, 3 days on 1 day off and repeat

day 1 - 3 mile run, 100 press up routine and ab workout i created
day 2 - hill reps, from 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 100 press up and ab workouts
day 3 - long distance, 8.1 miles approx with big hills 100 press up and ab workouts
day 4 - rest
day 5 - 3 mile run, 100 press up & ab workouts
day 6 - 3 mile run, 100 press up & ab workouts
day 7 - long distance no less than 5.5 miles, 100 press up and ab workouts
day 8 - rest

and throughout every day i would do a random 30 press ups and max pull ups. tend to end up doing 15 pull ups in all and over 100 press ups. on rest days i may not do anything at all.

i also go off-road cycling once a week if i can. and im going to start to walk to my college which is about 5 miles ish. not run so i prevent likelihood of injuring myself.

then in about 3 days time i will be increasing the intensity, so i will be doing 4 milers instead of 3 and at least 6 miles on the last long distance jobby

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Monday- Gym
Tuesday- Run,Press ups, Pull ups, Sit ups
Wednesday- Gym
Thursday-Run, Press ups, Pull ups, Sit ups
Friday- Gym
Saturday- Run, Press ups, Pull ups, Sit up
Sunday - Rest

Thats basically how i train. I 'up' it as i progress obvouisly. I hope it helps others in training as its helped me. Any questions, just ask.

good luck guys

that sounds like a good program, are you finding it works for you?? *text deleted* i was thinking of changin my prog to summink v.similar to that , (e.g. run, and circuit work alternate days)...??