Training struggling

Lewis6186

Reaction score
I've got my RT test 18th April and I'm struggling on the push up and running I used to run 6 miles everyday n cycle 6 miles to work and back but I went running recently and my running n push have gone I can't get it right since I had my operation on my knee my fitness drop but the operation was fine the marine office *text deleted** I'd pass my medical any help on breathing n training to get it right ? I'm from Bolton if anyone from round here ? Thanks

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you've had a lot of time of due to injure you fitness would of massively deterriated. Just build up again gradually. You only need to be runnin 3 miles, in prep for the PJFT. The first 1.5 miles in 12.30, 1 minutes rest, and the second 1.5 miles in best effort, but under 10 minutes. With press ups, check out the evil Russian press up programme, or the 100 press up programme. Also check out the training and dieting section for other tips, and the trainin partner section.

Lewis6186

Reaction score
Do u know we're I could find anything useful on websites I've looked but can't find anything

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have a look through some of the posts on here no-longer-validforumdisplay.php?f=13[/url]

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm concerned that I repeatedly read the thread title as "Training Smuggling", I pictured illegal contraband in RT.

Anyway, pop down to the training section below. We've got advice on pretty much everything from running, weights, circuits, nutrition and even some rehab stuff.

As for the few points you mentioned. If you've previously been fit, you'll find it will come back faster and easier than it did when you first gained it. If you've been injured maybe look into plenty of exercises and 'pre-hab' to strengthen any of the muscles or areas that were operated on. This will reduce the risk of injuring it during running and such like. Another point is that your knee will be fragile; take care to ensure that any exercise is carried out with perfect form and to begin with, is well within your capabilities.

If you're yet to do RT then you have time, so don't panic. Between your reading around and some of the lads here you can put together a training routine that can yield good results and protect that knee.

Most importantly, remember: It will come! Theres no point rushing back in to the process too fast only to injure yourself again.