Training with a cold??

Kez1996

Reaction score
Alright lads

So basically I've got a pretty bad cold at the minute just wondering whether or not I should still be training or should I just rest until it's gone?

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I'd rest mate, at least until the worst has passed. Went out on my bike when I had a really chesty cold a few months back and was wheezing like nobody's business when I got back. I'd go for a decent walk just to get some blood flowing and then maybe a couple of light jogs once it starts to get better.

Chelonian

Reaction score
So basically I've got a pretty bad cold at the minute just wondering whether or not I should still be training or should I just rest until it's gone?

If one doesn't need to push through an illness or injury, why bother? Rest and recover. You'll get back to productive training far quicker.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
The authority on pro athletes suggest "if your symptoms are below the neck" then training is not recommended. However as your not a pro Athlete!! I'd suggest you rest. Get the Lemsip down you, and sleep as much as possible. Ensure your fluid intake is high too.