Training with cold

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by The Creature of the Night, Jun 10, 2018.

1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Hi all:

Have picked up a rather nasty summer cold and was wondering if it’s safe to run with it?

Besr wishes;
    The Creature of the Night

2. SWCL14

SWCL14 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I'd give it a weeks rest and see how you feel. The last thing you *text deleted* do is run yourself into the ground. That week off will turn into 3 or 4 if you're not sensible.

3. Geespt

Geespt Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Like @SWCL14 said be careful, as your body is under stress anyway and listen to your body.

You are usually safe to exercise if your conditions are just above the neck and not too serious, something like a sore throat or a mild headache. However do make sure that your exercise is not as intense as what it usually is until you are fit and well!

4. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Always been of the belief that above the neck is fine. That said, if you are absolutely hanging, just rest as it's not worth the aggro.

5. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Thank you, lads
    Going to take the week off and let it clear up; as so near getting into RMR, certainly don’t want to be put back by training due to a cold!

Best wishes:
    The Creature of the Night

6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I know of a bloke, who trained whilst ill and managed to give himself a heart infection which was pretty nasty, I’d always er on the side of caution and or check with your GP