Training with RMR in london

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have received a letter telling me they would like me to attend RMR London once a week for training sessions after I've passed my medical, this sounds like a great opportunity as I feel I need a boost in my workouts, just wondering if anyone here attends RMR london and hows it like?

cheers

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i don't but i live very near london! where abouts are you from then. why is it that they asked you to do this? is it something i can join too or is it by their request only?

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
West London quite close to the RMR actually, and no i didn't request it I just received the letter.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
that's what i mean, by THEIR request. anyway, good luck mate i bet it will be wicked fun!

Geordie

Reaction score
Max

I have been attending since February this year. If you're talking about the RMR Unit in Bermondsey you'll certainly enjoy it. The PTI physically annihilates you but all the exercises he makes us do, and all the tips he gives, are all the real deal. I thought that I was relatively fit and I was happy with my training schedule prior to my first session, however, the sessions down there have opened my eyes to the types of exercise and training I need to be doing. During some workouts I'm actually crying on the inside! I've seen people run outside and vomit - especially newcomers who haven't exactly researched just what base level of fitness is required for a PRM.

If you do attend on Wednesday come over and introduce yourself - it's not difficult to know who I am - the only Geordie there!

All the best

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks alot mate, I got my medical next week Tuesday, If I pass I will definatly be there Wednesday.

0.01%

Reaction score
Max

I have been attending since February this year. If you're talking about the RMR Unit in Bermondsey you'll certainly enjoy it. The PTI physically annihilates you but all the exercises he makes us do, and all the tips he gives, are all the real deal. I thought that I was relatively fit and I was happy with my training schedule prior to my first session, however, the sessions down there have opened my eyes to the types of exercise and training I need to be doing. During some workouts I'm actually crying on the inside! I've seen people run outside and vomit - especially newcomers who haven't exactly researched just what base level of fitness is required for a PRM.

If you do attend on Wednesday come over and introduce yourself - it's not difficult to know who I am - the only Geordie there!

All the best
Never been to anything like this but the Marine at our AFCO took a few of us out once a week and that was a real eye opener. Like yourself I was happy with how my fitness was coming along at the time, half decent 3 mile time etc but then he put us through some circuits and fu*k me did it hurt! *text deleted*

Didn't do a RMAD before my PRMC but after training with the chap from the AFCO I can see why they are a very good idea, because if I hadn't had that little taster of what was to come I really don't think I would have been in condition to pass PRMC. Really made me step up my game and push my self even more.

Geordie

Reaction score
Max - see you down there then, bring a few quid because we always have a pint afterwards in a local pub and disect our varying performances!

0.01 - good luck with the RT when it commences and I'm sure that with the valuable insight you've had you'll be as prepared as you need to be.

All the best

0.01%

Reaction score
Max - see you down there then, bring a few quid because we always have a pint afterwards in a local pub and disect our varying performances!

0.01 - good luck with the RT when it commences and I'm sure that with the valuable insight you've had you'll be as prepared as you need to be.

All the best
Cheers fella.

Same to yourself, you should smash it with that training mate.

And I never knew they sold Newcy Brown by the pint?! :laugh::wink: