Training

ugachaka

Reaction score
Hey guys at the moment I train 8 times a week which involves 3 crossfit sessions and 5 running sessions, 4.8km, 6 miler, interval training, another 4.8km and hill sprints. I can do the first 2.4km fine of the 4.8km but I do sometimes get sore ankles and feet at the beginning but for the last 1km my quads just burn so badly and my pace goes down so quickly and was just wondering if any of you guys had any ways of getting around this and if this is a good training plan or if it's too much.

Cheers

Teapot

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if training 8 times a week is too much or not because I don't know your fitness level, only you do.

However if your legs burn on the first km of your run and your pace drops off after that it's because you're running too fast. You should be able to maintain the exact same pace from beginning to end of your run, regardless of distance. If you can't it's because you're running too fast.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hey guys at the moment I train 8 times a week which involves 3 crossfit sessions and 5 running sessions, 4.8km, 6 miler, interval training, another 4.8km and hill sprints. I can do the first 2.4km fine of the 4.8km but I do sometimes get sore ankles and feet at the beginning but for the last 1km my quads just burn so badly and my pace goes down so quickly and was just wondering if any of you guys had any ways of getting around this and if this is a good training plan or if it's too much.

Cheers

When you say CrossFit sessions, what does that mean? Like 3 WODs?

My god I hate CrossFit.

ugachaka

Reaction score
We usually start off with strength like squats and bench press then we do like wods. I went for a run today and I noticed my ankles hurt, my back hurts and I think I'm getting shin splints, so I'm *text deleted* take a week off and see how I feel

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
I went for a run today and I noticed my ankles hurt, my back hurts and I think I'm getting shin splints, so I'm *text deleted* take a week off and see how I feel
You have all the signs of overtraining! You do right to take time off and it may take more than a week!

Training needs to be progressive, so let your body recover and start slowly and gently. You do not need to be jumping in at the deep end. Have a look at @arny01's programme and try that.

Good luck

Alan

ugachaka

Reaction score
Thanks will do. How should i start off, 3 running session a week and then build up?

Last edited:

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Rule of thumb is increase running distance 10% every week until you’re where you want to be.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
We usually start off with strength like squats and bench press then we do like wods. I went for a run today and I noticed my ankles hurt, my back hurts and I think I'm getting shin splints, so I'm *text deleted* take a week off and see how I feel

Bin off the CrossFit. Or at least reduce it to 1 session a week.

You are overtraining.