Training...

tacticalfitness

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am strength and conditioning coach currently helping folks looking to become Royal Marines and there sections of the forces/emergency services that require high levels of physical fitness. I provide individual programmes and/or generic programmes for lads looking to get past the PRMC and into recruit training! I have worked with ex and currently serving lads as well.

Not looking to just simply sell programmes, any advice needed on training I am happy to help. Mainly because I have come across a lot of young lads causing themselves real damage in their efforts to get fit for joining the forces.

Any advice needed about building the foundation needed to pass those test on PRMC, shoot!

Regards

T

Chelonian

Reaction score
Not looking to just simply sell programmes,

Hi. Respectfully pointing out that selling anything doesn't fit with the objectives of the forum. I'm not being a grumpy fudster; it's just the way it is.

Fortunately there are proven, effective training plans on the forum which have helped many lads to pass PRMC without spending any money.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome. Hopefully you are able to share a few tips and pointers on the forum.

We are aware of quite a few companies offering bespoke RM fitness preparation courses and fully understand the forum is a potential source of business opportunities with regard coaching Royal Marine aspirants.

We have maintained a strict policy of offering free advice and are therefore keen to maintain the site founder's aims and wishes. To reciprocate his gift of the provision of this asset, we aim to remain completely free of charge as we enter into our eleventh year.

For those interested: Sadly, due to a forthcoming change of site ownership, it may well be the case that we have to introduce Google Ads in the near future to cover the cost of web hosting, routine software and security updates. However, whilst this is a last resort, the site will remain free of charge to all users and there is no intention to sell permanent advertising space to individual commercial site sponsors.

kirbymorgan17

Reaction score
i fully agree with all of the above mentioned as a new member of this forum i had never considered the funding aspect put that down to my blissful ignorance therefore i do not have that decision to add i am sure that this forum and site are in very capable hands it is to be welcomed that as stated all avenues must and will be explored to effect funding to maintain the viability and continuation of input for the information guidance and fabulous advise and encouragement to have no equal for that is priceless

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am strength and conditioning coach currently helping folks looking to become Royal Marines and there sections of the forces/emergency services that require high levels of physical fitness. I provide individual programmes and/or generic programmes for lads looking to get past the PRMC and into recruit training! I have worked with ex and currently serving lads as well.

Not looking to just simply sell programmes, any advice needed on training I am happy to help. Mainly because I have come across a lot of young lads causing themselves real damage in their efforts to get fit for joining the forces.

Any advice needed about building the foundation needed to pass those test on PRMC, shoot!

Regards

T

Cheers dits.

Have you passed PJFT? PRMC? RT?

Be interesting to know your tips on how to pass PRMC if you haven’t even passed it yourself.

And I counter your argument that emergency services need high levels of fitness, have you seen their standards?!

Old Man

Ex-Matelot
Reaction score
I'm going to pre-agree with everything TPA intends to post on this subject.

Bellionaire679

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I hate PTs with a passion.

I am tempted to join the industry just to cause waves.

Unfortunately the PT industry is highly saturated with trainers that don’t actually know what they are talking about. Gives the really good trainers out there a bad rep.

God knows how many times I’ve seen a PT that probably needs to go to a PT himself -banghead-

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately the PT industry is highly saturated with trainers that don’t actually know what they are talking about. Gives the really good trainers out there a bad rep.

God knows how many times I’ve seen a PT that probably needs to go to a PT himself -banghead-

Whilst I agree in theory with you, I could point to Angelo Dundee as a fine example of knowledge being more important than appearances.

D

Deleted member 20902

Hi Folks,

Regards

T

Fair one, but are you a ex bootneck? Or simply a 30yr old guy jumping on the phys band wagon?

Dvv63

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I think you might have been better wording your post differently, are you planning on attempting to join yourself,and offering your professional advice, or just trying to drum up business? Correct me if I'm wrong @Chelonian, @Caversham, @ThreadpigeonsAlpha, but, I do believe we have a man @arny01, who maybe 99.9% of lads looking for fitness plans follow, very successfully I might add.
Best of luck[/QUOTE]

Bellionaire679

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Very true, if he is a UKSCA accredited S&C coach he will know his stuff. It’s a tough thing to earn

Williamosaurus

Reaction score
He sold me one of these for £99.99, said it would guarantee me a pass on my PRMC.
shakeweight.jpg
Want a refund...

New Threads