Transferring an application to Army reserve

Sniper11!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any gen on the possibility of transferring a RMR application mid process to Army reserve?

Unfortunately my personal circumstances have changed fairly dramatically this year (as alot of people's have) and as such I cannot commit to the RMR, however after talking to my local AR unit I can make that work.

Based on the aforementioned chat the joining process for AR for me would be fairly straight forward however the one thing I'd like to avoid going through again is the cake and arrsse party that is capita. Any help and info would be greatly appreciate!

Polo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any gen on the possibility of transferring a RMR application mid process to Army reserve?

Unfortunately my personal circumstances have changed fairly dramatically this year (as alot of people's have) and as such I cannot commit to the RMR, however after talking to my local AR unit I can make that work.

Based on the aforementioned chat the joining process for AR for me would be fairly straight forward however the one thing I'd like to avoid going through again is the cake and arrsse party that is capita. Any help and info would be greatly appreciate!
Not sure, the people to talk to are the AR, surely? They will be able to tell you what bits are valid and what needs to be done. If you are still in the application process to join the RMR, just let your AFCO know.

Sniper11!

Reaction score
Not sure, the people to talk to are the AR, surely? They will be able to tell you what bits are valid and what needs to be done. If you are still in the application process to join the RMR, just let your AFCO know.
Thanks Polo. In the process of asking the same questions to AR but there are some knowledgeable CA on here, always worth an ask. Can't have too much gen.

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can tell you from similar experience this year it is NOT possible.

Although RN/RAF paperwork seems possible to 'cross deck' the army is standalone in its system.

My madness this year involved an AR app in December for a particular reserve unit. This became unworkable due to lockdown (it was a very committed process and I had savings to afford to do it, but they're gone now) so I committed to rejoin RM but had to start from scratch. Then after getting an ROP start date I got sideswiped by a PMU Decision due to previous RM medical history (which I believe is incorrect so appealed) and am now waiting on an appeal result. But just in case it is a no from the RM appeal I have also now re-applied for army as a Regular soldier (where I already passed medical), however once again that involved restarting army process from scratch! Luckily a few of the AR results were still valid from January. Thankfully in my case I should now be able to step into ROP or Army Phase 1 as soon as I know my Appeal result in the next 2 months, whatever the case, but to get there will be touching on 12 months overall.

Put shortly - it is a ball ache.

Sniper11!

Reaction score
I can tell you from similar experience this year it is NOT possible.

Although RN/RAF paperwork seems possible to 'cross deck' the army is standalone in its system.

My madness this year involved an AR app in December for a particular reserve unit. This became unworkable due to lockdown (it was a very committed process and I had savings to afford to do it, but they're gone now) so I committed to rejoin RM but had to start from scratch. Then after getting an ROP start date I got sideswiped by a PMU Decision due to previous RM medical history (which I believe is incorrect so appealed) and am now waiting on an appeal result. But just in case it is a no from the RM appeal I have also now re-applied for army as a Regular soldier (where I already passed medical), however once again that involved restarting army process from scratch! Luckily a few of the AR results were still valid from January. Thankfully in my case I should now be able to step into ROP or Army Phase 1 as soon as I know my Appeal result in the next 2 months, whatever the case, but to get there will be touching on 12 months overall.

Put shortly - it is a ball ache.
@thirdtry Thank you, valuable insight. I suspected as much but as the Army use capita aswell I was hoping there may be a chance. Restart it is
Thanks again

New Threads