Transferring from a Marine application to Officers after PRMC

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Sainsbury, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Sainsbury

Sainsbury New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Morning all,

Initially I applied for officers application and went up to PJFT. After this I was told by my AFCO I wouldn't make it for this years intake in September. After working it out I decided it wouldn't be financially viable to wait for a year for the 2019 intake. I have since been offered a job and therefor would be able to wait for the next intake.

I've got my PRMC organised for a month or so away, and my idea at the moment is to complete it and then ask to swap my application back to officers. This is giving me the chance to see if I have the minerals for the POC and also giving me the option to go down the marine route if I think I would struggle with POC.

But I was wondering if there is anything against me transferring back to an officers application after PRMC?

Tah in advance for any help or advice

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thechancer

Thechancer Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Talk to your afco let them know the situation

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

@Sainsbury (like the username but shouldn't it be @Waitrose ?) It's entirely your shout but the POC can be retaken if it goes to a ball of chalk.

If you fail the PRMC (perish the thought), it may not be the best way to demonstrate you're a viable potential Officer. A POC pass counts as a PRMC pass anyway, so if it goes pear-shaped at AIB, you can switch back.

At present we are not filling PRMCs anyway, so it's not the end of the world but logically, I'd go for the one that counts for either (POC) rather than psyche yourself out after taking PRMC then aiming for POC regardless of what you achieve on PRMC.

No-one likes going back to CTC for a phys assessment and that includes JNCOs, SNCOs & WO's.

Best o'luck.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. Sainsbury

Sainsbury New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Ninja_Stoker haha just the first place I saw when setting this up!

Really appreciate that advice! Have you got any idea if i'll have to have my interview again with an officer AFCO? As I did my interview with my local careers office AFCO.

Cheers again in advance!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Yep, you'll need a officer career discussion to assess your readiness to join as an Officer - it's fairly short but you need to do your homework a bit.