Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Transferring RMR to Regular RM

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

An updated procedure for processing Royal Marines Reserve (RMR) Other Rank transfers into the RM regular service has been introduced.

The policy for RMR to RM service transfers required updating in order that a smooth transition from Reserve to Regular Service can be achieved. Manning balance within the Corps has meant there has not been an opportunity for any RMR transfers for a sustained period of time.

At present, I'd be inclined not to read too much into the introduction of this procedure other than the fact that in future, the regular service manning surplus will inevitably reduce. When it does, allowing a transfer of RMR trained ranks into the regular RM, the process will be slick. Which is good.

One thing that has not been stated is whether the RMR GD green beret (acquired through RMR Recruit Training) will in future again be accepted as a direct transfer into the regular RM GD trained strength. At present, it looks like only certain SQ/TQ's will be accepted for direct transfer onto the trained strength. We shall see.

Revised Process

Transfer to Full Career - RMR Other Ranks.

ORs of the RMR who wish to transfer to the Regular Service must apply through their Chain of Command.

Applicants, with CO’s recommendation, will be assessed on a case by case basis by the Transfer Board with representatives from HQ RMR and CTCRM.

Transfers will only be authorised if there is a Service requirement. The Board will also recommend what, if any, further training is required before the transfer is agreed. Untrained ranks will be required to commence training based on the recommendations from the board (this will be based on what stage of the recruit training syllabus they have opted to transfer).

Authorised applicants will attend their local AFCO to commence initial application administration. This process is administrative and transfers will not require a New Entry Medical.

Units will update JPA details, collect all kit/equipment held on temporary loan and conduct MATTs prior to the applicants arriving at CTCRM to complete a Joining Week. This will be conducted on RMR Man Training Days (MTDs).

RMR Trained Ranks.

CTCRM will process Trained re-entries and draft them to the Trained Strength after successful completion of the Joining Week.

CTW is responsible for processing the Trained re-entry and the following administrative actions are to be completed:

(1) Interview
    (2) Attest rank into the Royal Marines.
    (3) Medical and Dental Checks.
    (4) Full initial kit issue.
    (5) Transfer of pay account.
    (6) Issue of ID Card, ID Discs and check SC and Passport valid.

On successful completion of the Joining Week, joiners will be assigned as trained re-entries. Trained re-entries who do not successfully complete re-entry training will be returned to their RMR Unit.

RMR Untrained Ranks.

CTCRM will process untrained re-entries and draft them to the untrained Strength after successful completion of the Joining Week. Ranks will join training at the stage identified in the transfer board.

The following administrative actions are to be completed:

(1) Interview
    (2) Attest rank into the Royal Marines.
    (3) Medical and Dental Checks.
    (4) Full initial kit issue.
    (5) Transfer of pay account
    (6) Issue of ID Card, ID Discs and check SC and Passport valid

On completion of the Joining Week, untrained ranks will then commence training at the appropriate stage as directed by the Transfer Board. Untrained re-entries who do not successfully complete re-entry training will be discharged SHORE.

Summary

The revised policy will ensure Reservists who are successful at the Transfer Board are transitioned seamlessly from Reserve to Regular Service and are entered with the correct terms and conditions of service that are comparable with their regular counterparts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CROB500

CROB500 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi,

Upon successful completion of a reserve PRMC, would I have to redo a regular PRMC / medical assessment and interview should I wish to join the regulars instead. I am aware that training will begin from the start with the regulars, however, my reserve application leading to the PRMC(R) was so long I was wondering if I need to make career arrangements to tide me over in the event I have to redo the year long process again.

Kind regards.

3. Polo

Polo Member

I think you will need to undergo a regular service prmc.

4. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Does this mean if you are say at phase 2 of RMR trainning and decided to go into the regs..potenially you could enter reg trainning at phase 2 instead of day 1?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Theoretically. It depends whether you are current, whether there's a significant break in service and whether you can meet the criteria elements expected of a regular RM phase two recruit.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. PieMan22

PieMan22 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ninja, has this policy changed since you posted this?

I have just don't weekend 3 of RMR training but picked up an injury. I could potentially get back trooped should I not get fit in the timeframe I've been given.

Ive definitely caught the bug for it though and wish I could train more which has got me thinking what the process would be to transfer to regular training? what does the initial joining week consist of?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

To be honest, I doubt an RMR Recruit injured on their sixth day of non-continuous training could realistically expect to transfer into regular service recruit training beyond the Foundation stage. I'd be inclined to budget for day one, week one of regular Recruit Training upon transfer. Anything better than that, treat as an unexpected but welcome bonus.

Depending on the time taken to fully recover from injury and the subsequent break in service, bearing in mind there's an injury, the odds are the transfer procedure will involve at least a follow-up medical and possibly a PJFT - assuming the PRMC pass was conducted at CTC and passed within 12 months prior to entry into the regulars. An update interview is also likely.

8. PieMan22

PieMan22 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I thought that would be the case to go straight in at day one, thank you for confirming!

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

That's my best guess but by no means a confirmation. The only way to find out for certain is to submit a fresh application when fully recovered & fit, to see what the branch manager advises.

If you don't like the terms and conditions under which you may re-enter, you can simply turn-down the offer.