Transferring

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by browner467, Sep 12, 2017.

1. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Hi chaps, could anybody please explain the transfer process from AR to RMR? Also, as I have attested into the AR, will I be able to join holding troop straight away (as long as all paperwork goes through ok)?

Cheers

2. cc1

cc1 Royal Marines Commando

3. robbo09

robbo09 Member

Pongo Reserves

Chances are you'll have to go through the process like anyone else, even if you've completed your basic training. But there's no harm contacting your local RMR Det and explaining your situation as they'll give you a definite answer. You'll certainly have to do a RT and PRMC(r).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

So far as I'm aware, unless accepted for transfer into the RMR as a trained rank Royal Marines Commando Reservist, you will still need to pass the RN recruit test, Selection Interview, RN Medical, PRMRC & gain Security Clearance if your AR role doesn't already have it.

A trained rank AR transfering to the RMR as a trained rank would usually have completed at least CIC and RFCC and have maybe had operational experience working within 3 Cdo Brigade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    So to start the transfer process I just need to speak to my OC, and apply online?

6. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi mate, I met someone who wants to do the same as you. He said that he can't start his RMR application until he's got his discharge paperwork from the Army Reserve.

• Like Like x 1
  7. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Cheers for the info mate. Have spoken to the RMR unit I'm hoping to transfer to, just waiting to here back from my OC.

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Unless a trained rank, eligible to transfer as a trained rank Royal Marine, as stated, you will need to apply afresh from scratch usually. The only things that transfer are your service number and your medical records...but you'll still do a medical if joining the RMR as a recruit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. browner467

browner467 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Ok thank you, will get my application in online.