travel expenses

sooty795

Reaction score
hi guys

it`s 100 miles round trip to my nearest RMR det, does anyone know, what travel expenses i can expect to get once i have pass the RMR version of the prmc, and how much per mile???

not doing it for the money but need to make sure i can afford to get there and back!!! otherwise i`ll be yomping home!!! *text deleted*

cheers

sooty

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Sooty,

Once enrolled into the RMR you will get paid via your Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) account direct to your bank but must submit a claim for each journey when you get to your unit. You must keep fuel receipts and a record of drill attendence to verify your claims (which are auditable). My understanding is you get paid 25.099P per mile for each duty trip by private car.

For Rail Travel or bus, you must keep the tickets for audit & just get paid "actuals" (face value on the tickets). Alternatively, depending on your unit, you MAY be issued MOD Rail Travel warrants which you exchange for rail tickets at no expense.

ctirl09

Reaction score
Hi,

Just regarding travel expenses, I live about 110miles from my closest RMR detachment and was wondering if I'd still be able to claim for travel expenses for the weekly troop meetings?

I've worked out (as I visited the detachment last month) that it costs ?50 return to get there. The quickest way is by train, but that figure of ?50 not only includes the train fare but two taxi journeys (from train station to RMR troop and back). Would the RMR cover these taxi fares too in addition to the train fare?

I have to go by train by the way as if I were to drive I would just not be able to get to the troop by the 7.30pm start time after work.

Any insight or advice on this would be very welcome. Thanks!