Travel pay

Mitch

Reaction score
Will I get reimbursed for travel expenses when attending holding troop as I will need to get the train until I pass my driving test and can afford a car?

Also, whilst I am here, will the RMR allow me some time off during my A2 level exam period?

Mitch

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The overriding issue is that you must complete ALL administration elements of selection before you can be enrolled & paid travelling expenses (TE's).

All too often RMR guys sit the recruiting test, pass medical & interview then neglect to complete PJFT, return their Security Questionnaire, don't produce a valid passport, or do not ensure their nominated referees reply, thus preventing payment of TE's.

You must negotiate the balance between A2 revision & attending Drill Nights & Phys training nights obviously- your academics are important. Given that both RMR commitments only require a couple of hours each per week and in the evening, it should not be too difficult to achieve both unless you live a great distance from your unit and cannot revise on the non-drill nights.

Whilst there is a degree of latitude permitted for examinations, you need commitment equally, the advice is therefore don't look for excuses.

Mitch

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ninja. I'm not looking for excuses I'm just concerned because my results this year weren't great due to the sheer amount of extra stuff i was doing. Hopefully this will be a lesson in time balance.

Mitch

New Threads