Travelling ideas

JMW123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Evening all ,

I have been thinking about doing a bit of travelling next year for a month or two just to get a bit of life experience under by belt. I can't join the Corps til late 2013, so i have some time to kill before then.

Have any of you lads got an idea of anywhere i could go that is quite cheap, fun, and interesting all at the same time ?

Cheers in advance.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Thailand :wink: Just watch out for the obvious.

S

stokey_14

Depends what you want from the holiday. There are tons of great cities across mainland Europe that with a little guile can be got to and experienced for a reasonable cost.

If you want some of the great out doors you could look at taking a trip to some mountain ranges etc that sort of stuff?

Depending on budget the things you could do/ see are varied and endless. Heck there?s even some stunning and amazing place?s in the UK mainland? but I?m guessing you want to go a little further field!

Stokey

Illustrious

Reaction score
Don't watch the hangover 2 then, it'll just cement your beliefs.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Indonesia works out well. The costs of flights are high, probably the same as Thailand, but once you're out there it's low. I ate a 4-course banquet of all the most expensive dishes on the menu in a fancy restaurant for ?7.66! Can of Coca Cola (it comes in Red Bull-style 250ml cans) and a Beng Beng (gorgeous choccie biscuit bar) came to 30p and for the smokers out there (not one myself but all my mates are) a 20-deck of Marlboro Reds was about ?2.00 and they've got 4 times the nicotine per cigarette.

Thailand looks awesome, watching Big Trouble in Thailand just makes it look even cooler haha! Apart from the Royals who had a gun waved around in their face by some hacked-off Jet Ski owner.

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Evening all ,

I have been thinking about doing a bit of travelling next year for a month or two just to get a bit of life experience under by belt. I can't join the Corps til late 2013, so i have some time to kill before then.

Have any of you lads got an idea of anywhere i could go that is quite cheap, fun, and interesting all at the same time ?

Cheers in advance.
Would you consider this place?

alex18

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I;d like to reccommed Norway (or indeed Sweden) as it is a great place, but it is so damn expensive. When I was there last year a beer (smaller than a UK pint) cost about ?7!

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I;d like to reccommed Norway (or indeed Sweden) as it is a great place, but it is so damn expensive. When I was there last year a beer (smaller than a UK pint) cost about ?7!
Yeah, it is very expensive in Norway due to the high level of income.
Sneaky Norwegians living close to the border usually do their shopping here as its half the price or something.

Anthony_H

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Would you consider this place?

I don't like you very much now, not jealous honest. :laugh:
I follow a girl on twitter from Stockholm, she is a stunner. I do want to go Sweden somtime, it looks so perfect.

Illustrious

Reaction score
I tried to ride across from Denmark to Sweden when we stopped off but I didn't want to risk the motorway (not knowing the laws). Looking at those phots, I wish I risked it.

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I follow a girl on twitter from Stockholm, she is a stunner. I do want to go Sweden somtime, it looks so perfect.

Yeah homes, we pimpin'

Nah, of course it's not fairytale country. We have problems just like everyone else.

Illustrious

Reaction score
Judging by the beautiful blonde women & the swedish flasgged bikini's, my guess is on Switzerland.

Wilke

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Judging by the beautiful blonde women & the swedish flasgged bikini's, my guess is on Switzerland.
Correct! And if anyone have a hard time finding Switzerland on the map; it is right next to Australia.

alex18

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, that's a wee bit ermm.. 'rapey'