Treadmill Pace??

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the pace you can do for the whole duration and pass the PJFT??.. Seen it about somewhere before but couldnt find it.. Was it something like 9KMH to pass if you do that for the whole 1.5 mile at the slowest speed or something??

Cheers
Sam

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
no you need to be doing around 15kph to be able to pass, its not hard at all.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Speed = Distance / Time.

2.4 (km) / 10 (minutes) = 0.24 * 60 (to give speed per hour) = 14.4 kph

Obviously that would be the bare minimum speed and you would need to go faster than that to allow for the treadmill to get up to speed.

As Stacka mentioned 15 kph is a more realistic minimum speed but you really should aim for the best time possible.

Go down the gym prior to your PJFT for a practice run to see what speed you can do and then it takes away the stress for the actual PJFT.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Allo Rusty. 14.4kph as has been said is the minimum. 16kph will bring you in at 9:18 (would be 9:00 but the treatmill takes time to spead up) you're a cyclist like i am, albeit on a higher level so you should actually find it easier at a higher pace because your quads come into play more as the speed increases.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
that should be soo easy to pass when i train on a running amchine i do about 13

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So if i run at 16kph for the whole duration of the run ive got a good time then??.. Tonight i was running at 12mph for the whole duration of my run which i did for 10 minutes, Not sure how fast that is in kph.. but it seemed pretty fast, Kept it up for 10 minutes felt pretty good too.. Thanks for the quick replys guys, Very helpful and worth knowing for tomorrow when i get on the running machine again!

Cheers Guys
Sam

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*! :eek::eek::eek: Thats flying then!... Jesus thats my PB Sorted already then!.. I Never actually knew the machines went to that speed!!.. But i was honestly at the speed seroiusly!.. I Was bloody flying but felt good.. No wonder why i was going fast!.. :laugh:...

JESUS! Im a happy man!..

Sam

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Retarded question...

How fast could I run 1 mile in if I was running at 19.2kph? Could you show me the formula for it as well :S.

Cheers

Loz

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Time = Distance / Speed

You need to do it in either all miles or all kilometers. There is 1.6 km in a mile so...

1.6 / (19.2/60) = 5 mins

The reason you need to divide the 19.2 by 60 first is to allow for the fact that it is 19.2km per 60 mins.