Treadmill Speed KPH

crisss16

Reaction score
Does any body know the speed you should really be doing in kph for the pjft and what time that would bring you in at. Have seen lots of threads about mph, but not so much about kph.

Any help appreciated Thanks

Turfy123

Reaction score
The first part of the run you need to average 11.6kmph and the second part is 13.8kmph.

This is the minimum that you have to put it on. so on the second half put the speed at around 14-15km just to get a decent time.

rick1988

Reaction score
hiya mate i put mine in 14.2 kph for the first 6 minutes then put it up to 15.8 then blasted the last minute at 19 kph and i got 9.37, be slightly different now if your doing the 3 miler pjft tho mate.

sladders1

Reaction score
i did mine on 17kph all the way and that got me a time of 8min 29 although with it being 3mile split it will be differnt for the second bit but if u can do it in this time on second half will look great on the application process and then when down on PRMC, if u can redo that again it will help give u alot of points for the first test

crisss16

Reaction score
Cheers guys, excactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the help

THE ISH

Reaction score
Cheers guys, excactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the help

Straight into 17k increasing to 18k for the last 900 meters time 8.21 people start looking at you a bit strange in the gym when it sounds like the running machine is *text deleted* explode HA.

crisss16

Reaction score
When doing the the first 2.4 run, after this do you get 1 minutes rest or is it really just a 1 minute wind down for the treadmill, i.e still moving then go onto the next 2.4?:dontaskme:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I woudn't advise you to go straight into a fast pace. Your legs and your heart rate need to build up to it. Like some of the guys have suggested start on a low speed for e.g 13/14 for about 2mins, then progress slightly every 2 mins or so. My tredmill at home only goes up to 17 so it's easy for me to build it up from 13-17. Most of the guys here i would presume to be alot more advanced on the tredmill and maybe increase the speed alot quicker then me. I just tend to take it slowly. But my results on a 2.4km (1.5 mile) run is 9.25
Good luck anyway.

RM SHAW

Reaction score
well I did my prmc 2 month ago with Fractured tiba (in *text deleted* leg) and YES it was unkwown I had stress fracture just thought I had brusied ankle..

I did 17.5 for 1st 1km.... THen said (ouch my leg hurts) *text deleted*
Kept going but dropped it to 15.0
Then my leg really really hurt .. Kept going tho... (actually snapped/broken my tiba in my leg at this point) went to 14.2 *text deleted* and then said *text deleted**text deleted* it last 2mins went bk to 15.5 ....

Was a rollocoaster but finished the PJFT in september with a broken leg and in 9.33....!!

got my cast of now and have my PRMC on 11th november....
HOpe its not to soon... GOt to get running fit !!
Training on tredmill for next few days or week till strong enough to run on the pavements....

Any suggestions on getting bk to running speed/fitness in 3 and 1/2 weeks wud be welcomed *text deleted* :P