Triage Appointment Call

MonsterMo

Reaction score
Hi All,

How long does the Triage Appointment Call last? I’ve been given a date and a time but I am also teaching at that time. Would it be worth asking them to call me back an hour later or something or will they bin me?

Davs101

Reaction score
Mine lasted literally 7 minutes ive just checked in my phone log history, i geuss it depends if you have any issues they may want to speak to you about. Fortunately for me there zero for her to talk about just went over the form they have you fill in about your medical history

MonsterMo

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I’m actually quite nervous about mine but I hope I pass straight away

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I’m actually quite nervous about mine but I hope I pass straight away

It’s nothing to worry about mate, they just ask all the questions from the form you filled out!! The hardest part is if there was something wrong and you needed your GP to fill out further information

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can easily defer the triage call by just emailing them back. Alternatively, if you are in the classroom when they ring, just ring back at playtime to see if they can fit you in :)

MonsterMo

Reaction score
You can easily defer the triage call by just emailing them back. Alternatively, if you are in the classroom when they ring, just ring back at playtime to see if they can fit you in :)

I received a text message from RecMedicals or Recruitment Medicals Team or something; but it’s a “do not reply” message. I didn’t get an email from them. Are RecMedicals a part of Capita or is it a company that links the British Armed Forces to Capita?

The issues that may occur could be any of the following; a sprained ankle in early 2017 that required an orthopaedic walking boot for 4-6 weeks but it didn’t require surgery, only physiotherapy. I’m slightly flat-footed. I injured my left shoulder back in August 2017 but my X-Ray was clear and the pain disappeared completely after 4 weeks rest. I was hit on the head with a cricket bat by accident in late 2005 and required the skin to be glued, however I didn’t have a concussion, and I sprained both wrists in 2012/2013 but they’re fine now too; no surgery was required except for the gluing. I also had gastroenteritis in late December 2017 which lasted a week or two..... I just hope that none of these will fail me haha. I am back to my regular fitness levels with no issues so far.

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was hit on the head with a cricket bat by accident in late 2005 and required the skin to be glued, however I didn’t have a concussion,

Should be fine on this one. I’ve had plenty of head wounds glued/stitched shut and didn’t have any issues with them on the triage or face-to-face. Can’t speak for any of the others though I’m afraid.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I received a text message from RecMedicals or Recruitment Medicals Team or something; but it’s a “do not reply” message. I didn’t get an email from them. Are RecMedicals a part of Capita or is it a company that links the British Armed Forces to Capita?

The issues that may occur could be any of the following; a sprained ankle in early 2017 that required an orthopaedic walking boot for 4-6 weeks but it didn’t require surgery, only physiotherapy. I’m slightly flat-footed. I injured my left shoulder back in August 2017 but my X-Ray was clear and the pain disappeared completely after 4 weeks rest. I was hit on the head with a cricket bat by accident in late 2005 and required the skin to be glued, however I didn’t have a concussion, and I sprained both wrists in 2012/2013 but they’re fine now too; no surgery was required except for the gluing. I also had gastroenteritis in late December 2017 which lasted a week or two..... I just hope that none of these will fail me haha. I am back to my regular fitness levels with no issues so far.
Recruitment Medicals are arranged & conducted by civilian health professionals contracted by Capita.

They'll will probanly request copies of the med notes relating to the sprain, shoulder, wrist & head injuries together with confirmation from the GP everything was successfully rehabilitated without complications, limitations or recurrence.

The flat feet should be OK providing there isn't a repeat history of shin splints or prescribed orthotics.

The trots should be fine as long as you are clear and free from meds.

MonsterMo

Reaction score
Recruitment Medicals are arranged & conducted by civilian health professionals contracted by Capita.

They'll will probanly request copies of the med notes relating to the sprain, shoulder, wrist & head injuries together with confirmation from the GP everything was successfully rehabilitated without complications, limitations or recurrence.

The flat feet should be OK providing there isn't a repeat history of shin splints or prescribed orthotics.

The trots should be fine as long as you are clear and free from meds.

A time machine would be excellent to go back in time with the knowledge I have now and not get the injuries, oh and to start training from the age I learned to walk haha

Chelonian

Reaction score

Not wanting to cast aspersions on Capita but tempted to make a Freedom of Information application to learn the contract details. Suspect that it will be deemed a 'commercially sensitive' matter.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Not wanting to cast aspersions on Capita but tempted to make a Freedom of Information application to learn the contract details. Suspect that it will be deemed a 'commercially sensitive' matter.
Yep, I think FOIs only work with public sector organisations rather than private companies contracted by the public sector. They're sneaky like that.

MonsterMo

Reaction score
I got PMU’d over a small flame haemorrhage in my left eye; basically a small leaky blood vessel, which I probably acquired through coughing when ill. The leaky eye vessel is a symptom of Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure and Blood Clots; none of which I have, but the symptoms could be of something very minor like coughing/sneezing too hard. I’ve been told to go to the GP and get them to state that I am clear on the eye issues; and then just to be safe, also my ankle, shoulder, head, gastroenteritis issues etc, and then take the proof down to the AFCO and them take me through the appeal process; she said I should get a letter by Thursday or Friday but I’m booking an appointment with my GP tomorrow to confirm that I am free from issues etc and to confirm that my eye issue is minor and should resolve like the optician said.